This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall may require Origin

#1NYJetsMets2Posted 8/29/2013 1:27:29 AM
http://www.gamechup.com/titanfall-requires-origin-on-the-pc-might-not-come-on-steam/
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2013 1:28:51 AM
Didn't want it anyway, but Nope.avi

Battlefield 3 didnít come out on Steam and was an Origin exclusive but the sales did not suffer due to that. Origin has been growing rapidly and looks like a worthy competitor to Steam.

I don't even
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3dekouPosted 8/29/2013 1:36:37 AM
Aren't all new EA games Origin-only?
#4jessica73Posted 8/29/2013 1:38:16 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Didn't want it anyway, but Nope.avi

Origin has been growing rapidly and looks like a worthy competitor to Steam.

I don't even

lmao

high or cleared check?_?
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif
^__^
#5SythisTaruPosted 8/29/2013 2:00:48 AM
You guys mad?
#6_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 8/29/2013 2:02:19 AM(edited)
Since I will be using origin for BF3 and BF4 anyway, I no longer care.

Honestly, games being released on one download service exclusively is annoying, but I won't try to boycott EA and Origin, not when Steam is doing the same to both their own games and even popular 3rd party games like Skyrim. Ideally they would all just be released on all platforms and let the consumer decide where to buy and what application to use, but unfortunately we are moving further away from that each year. It is a development within the industry rather than just EA or Origin.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#7TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2013 2:02:39 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

Honestly, game being released on one download service only is annoying, but I won't try to boycott EA and Origin, not when Steam is doing the same to both their own games and even popular 3rd party games like Skyrim. Ideally they would all just be released on all platforms and let the consumer decide where to buy and what application to use, but unfortunately we are moving further away from that each year. It is a development within the industry rather than just EA or Origin.

No, ideally everything would be released on Steam only period.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#8PanopictonguyPosted 8/29/2013 2:07:08 AM
10 years from now every publisher will have their own overlay which is required to download and play their games.

Why? Because people are stupid and they think of the most stupid inconvenient things they can just to make an extra .50.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#9patribrodPosted 8/29/2013 3:35:06 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
10 years from now every publisher will have their own overlay which is required to download and play their games.

Why? Because people are stupid and they think of the most stupid inconvenient things they can just to make an extra .50.

It's pretty much happening right now... Origins, GFWL (thankfully leaving), Steam, UPlay... It doesn't bother me just yet but having accounts and achievements all over the place does.
---
FX8350 / ATI Sapphire 7870XT OCed / Patriot 64GB SSD / 3x1TB WD Black / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / 12GB DDR3 / 750W C-Master GX / Corsair 300R / Steam ID : PatriBrod
#10johnny_payPosted 8/29/2013 4:01:03 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

Honestly, game being released on one download service only is annoying, but I won't try to boycott EA and Origin, not when Steam is doing the same to both their own games and even popular 3rd party games like Skyrim. Ideally they would all just be released on all platforms and let the consumer decide where to buy and what application to use, but unfortunately we are moving further away from that each year. It is a development within the industry rather than just EA or Origin.

No, ideally everything would be released on Steam only period.

Actually the most ideal thing would be no 3rd party software and no drm at all.