This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that BF4 is coming out soon, which one did you like better, BF3 or BC2?

#1temgunPosted 8/29/2013 5:31:41 AM
I liked the gunplay in BF3 better, but overall I liked BC2 way more. The maps are a lot more varied in BC2 and more balanced. For most maps in BF3, it's quite unclear what's the optimal player count for most maps. 64 players is terrible for most maps, yet for those 64 player servers are the only thing you can find. 32 players is good for most maps, or even 16 for really small maps. The map design in BC2 feels more focused and really designed for 24-32 players rather than 8-64 players.
#2aak57Posted 8/29/2013 5:34:28 AM
BC2. I don't know what it was, but BF3 was missing...something.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#3Ch3wyPosted 8/29/2013 5:37:14 AM
BC2 because you didn't have to drive in the vehicles for 200 ****ing hours before unlocking their full potential.

I imagine they're bringing that back in BF4. It's just a stupid money grabbing tactic that only causes imbalance in the game and causes people to waste time flying in circles with jets accomplishing nothing else but shooting other jets who also aren't accomplishing anything.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4Orestes417Posted 8/29/2013 5:41:01 AM
Silly question really. I like both for different reasons. BC2 had maps better balanced for the amount of players and more variety in the maps, not to mention the better solo campaign (yeah, lol). BF3 owns the hell out of it on the weapons/customization, general balance and overall feel of movement though and it has some of my favourite individual maps.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#5AlkVelronPosted 8/29/2013 5:42:31 AM
BF3. It feels more insane and intense, and it also looks better. I really enjoyed BC2 but with the recent Humble Bundle I'm finding myself loving BF3 a lot more.
---
XBL/PSN/STEAM Account Name - NEREVAR117
"If this is the chosen way, then there's nothing left to say."
#6cuteboi100Posted 8/29/2013 5:53:01 AM
BC2 was super fun, but I found that I was buying the shortcut kits(once on my 360 version and once on PC) in BC2 whereas in BF3 I didn't even consider it. I never played the vehicles in BC2 but the best vehicle combat I've ever played was in BF3.

BF3 is more balanced, actually all the guns are equally underpowered.

I would still be playing BC2 if BF3 didn't exist or was too expensive.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#7Fury_FuturPosted 8/29/2013 6:18:16 AM
BC2. There's way too much focus on stats, premium, unlocks, etc in BF3. I don't want to grind for 200 hrs to try out a weapon, nor do I want obnoxious scores and unlock progresses filling up my screen. Just let me instantly join a server and have fun dammit. Give me less features!!
---
PC: 16 cores with 10 meg pipe | XTREME Case modified with flames and blue LEDs for XTREME speeds | 22" CPU
#8Orestes417Posted 8/29/2013 6:24:00 AM
If you're grinding for 200 hours to try a gun in BF3 you're doing something horribly, horribly wrong.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#9Ch3wyPosted 8/29/2013 6:31:59 AM
I don't recall having a problem with gun unlocks myself. At least the guns aren't really unbalanced or anything so whatever.

But Jet unlocks... Those were so ****ing stupid. You should at least start out with missile pods. Instead of making them what, the fourth or fifth unlock? That many unlocks before you can start doing damage to ground units by means other than suicide bombing?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10Fury_FuturPosted 8/29/2013 6:48:14 AM
Orestes417 posted...
If you're grinding for 200 hours to try a gun in BF3 you're doing something horribly, horribly wrong.

i was partly joking but i admit i've spent around 70 hrs distracted from getting that weapon due to that battlelog unlock page. so much gray boxes that need to be made yellow
---
PC: 16 cores with 10 meg pipe | XTREME Case modified with flames and blue LEDs for XTREME speeds | 22" CPU