This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Purchasing a monitor: in-store or online?

#11pitt12177(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:22:39 AM
Caspernomnom posted...
pitt12177 posted...
I want the Asus VE228H (129.99 after rebate from Newegg). It's also 149.99 at Microcenter. Is it worth it to get it cheaper off Newegg at the cost of the possibility of poor packaging? I don't know what experience people have with buying monitors online.

I have both the VE228 and a VS229 why not get the "IPS" VS229 over the 228?

IPS is out of stock. I'm not too pressed for time to wait for it but newegg has it for 139 and Amazon has it for 160 something. I'm willing to wait it out if need be.
#12SteamsterPosted 8/29/2013 11:25:32 AM
MasterDonGero posted...
What state do you live in? Because if you live where a Newegg building is, you have to pay tax.

You have to pay tax no matter what ya god damn criminal.
#13SolidManifestPosted 8/29/2013 11:34:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14CaspernomnomPosted 8/29/2013 1:27:46 PM
pitt12177 posted...
Caspernomnom posted...
pitt12177 posted...
I want the Asus VE228H (129.99 after rebate from Newegg). It's also 149.99 at Microcenter. Is it worth it to get it cheaper off Newegg at the cost of the possibility of poor packaging? I don't know what experience people have with buying monitors online.

I have both the VE228 and a VS229 why not get the "IPS" VS229 over the 228?

IPS is out of stock. I'm not too pressed for time to wait for it but newegg has it for 139 and Amazon has it for 160 something. I'm willing to wait it out if need be.

I would wait for the VS to come back up the colors are alot more vibrant but the stand is kinda wobbly unlike the VE228 + the VE228 has speakers the VS229 has a passthrough
#15ShubPosted 8/29/2013 1:32:10 PM(edited)
I'd totally go get it from Micro Center, personally. Provided it's the same price as online. I'm also in PA but more like 40 minutes from the Micro Center near Philly.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#16Killah PriestPosted 8/29/2013 1:39:28 PM
I hate buying things online, it used to be great but now all I get are banged up boxes looking like someone played kickball with them and used items sold as new via amazon.

don't even get me started on usedegg

problem is, only place to buy electronics here is best buy/target/wal mart, so I pretty much HAVE to buy everything online... thank god for amazons return policy I think I averaged 2 returns per part during my last build because they sent me used/defective merchandise.

Still dealing with my defective 800D from tiger direct, corsair support is so bad.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#17ShinyFalconPosted 8/29/2013 4:44:16 PM
Had my last HDD shipped from Newegg in a bubble envelope. It had its sealed OEM box and plastic cage, but I guess that's better than a bare drive being manhandled before the packaging. So far the drive's okay, but will find out three years from now. Since there's a Frys and Microcenter reasonably close to me, I might just shop retail from now on...