This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please take a look at this build. Thanks.

#11thetruth928Posted 8/29/2013 10:32:20 AM
I would recommend the fully modular Seasonic x750 gold. I have one and love it. The fan only speeds up when it needs to and runs extremely quiet.
---
i5-2500k,Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3,2x 1Tb Spinpoint f3,sli EVGA 580 3GB.12gb G Skill Sniper 1600, Seasonic X750,Corsair 600t white,Corsair H100,Ocz Agility 3
#12ulchiha_madara(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 10:39:16 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
Wait, you should be able to get a 4770K/GTX 780 build for around $2000. Are you buying in the US? And do you actually have access to a MicroCenter? (that price for the 4770K is in store pickup only)

Yes sir, I do have access to MicroCenter. Do you mind listing the part difference if I were to go towards the 780 route?
#13ulchiha_madara(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 10:41:19 AM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
ulchiha_madara posted...
Pyrotechnixxx - I was thinking about just getting 8G, while researching the internet there were majority that states the more Gs you have the faster the computer. I really don't understand how the "g"s work to make your system faster, and I came to the conclusion that maybe the bigger the better? Would you mind explaining the difference of more G, please?

RAM exists to store information in a place where it can be accessed very, very quickly to be used by the CPU. More RAM only helps if you're using all or most of what you already have, and it's rare for a system to need more than 8GB of RAM unless you're doing extensive 3D or Video editing. For the record, the "G"s are unit of measure for how much data can be stored, GB standing for Gigabytes.

Thank you sir. I kind of got it a little bit now. And I do plan on doing a lot of Video editing as well. I think I will stick with the 16G just to be on the safe side. Thanks once again.
#14ulchiha_madara(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 10:42:39 AM
thetruth928 posted...
I would recommend the fully modular Seasonic x750 gold. I have one and love it. The fan only speeds up when it needs to and runs extremely quiet.

Sorry, beginner's question: Is this a GPU?
#15NicodimusPosted 8/29/2013 10:44:23 AM
ulchiha_madara posted...
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
ulchiha_madara posted...
Pyrotechnixxx - I was thinking about just getting 8G, while researching the internet there were majority that states the more Gs you have the faster the computer. I really don't understand how the "g"s work to make your system faster, and I came to the conclusion that maybe the bigger the better? Would you mind explaining the difference of more G, please?

RAM exists to store information in a place where it can be accessed very, very quickly to be used by the CPU. More RAM only helps if you're using all or most of what you already have, and it's rare for a system to need more than 8GB of RAM unless you're doing extensive 3D or Video editing. For the record, the "G"s are unit of measure for how much data can be stored, GB standing for Gigabytes.

Thank you sir. I kind of got it a little bit now. And I do plan on doing a lot of Video editing as well. I think I will stick with the 16G just to be on the safe side. Thanks once again.

I can't tell you exactly what you'll see on your system, but I just went from 8 to 16, and I saw a 30% speed increase in my video rendering. Worth $65 or so in my book. No improvement in games, though.
---
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#16r0ge00Posted 8/29/2013 10:45:41 AM
ulchiha_madara posted...

It's a PSU. It's a solid choice but it's a bit dated now. There's a very nice XFX 750W Gold Rated unit for $110 after rebate on Newegg. It's made by Seasonic.

Overall, I think you're overspending on quite a few parts on your build. You should be able to easily fit a 780 into a $2,000 budget. I'd post something up for you, but I'm at work on and my PC doesn't like pcpartpicker very much.
#17DerPancakePosted 8/29/2013 10:45:49 AM
ulchiha_madara posted...
thetruth928 posted...

No thats the Power Supply, and modular is when you can uplug the cables from it so you can have a cleaner case.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#18thetruth928Posted 8/29/2013 10:46:42 AM
It's one of the best power supplies. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of their power supplies at all. They are the king when it comes to psu's.
---
i5-2500k,Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3,2x 1Tb Spinpoint f3,sli EVGA 580 3GB.12gb G Skill Sniper 1600, Seasonic X750,Corsair 600t white,Corsair H100,Ocz Agility 3
#19Snuckie7Posted 8/29/2013 11:01:22 AM
ulchiha_madara posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Wait, you should be able to get a 4770K/GTX 780 build for around $2000. Are you buying in the US? And do you actually have access to a MicroCenter? (that price for the 4770K is in store pickup only)

Yes sir, I do have access to MicroCenter. Do you mind listing the part difference if I were to go towards the 780 route?

Hm so let's work this out. The 4770K/UD4H bundle costs about $400 at MicroCenter, so let's just take that out of the budget.

With the remaining $1600, I managed to upgrade quite a few things.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1xF0Z
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#20ulchiha_madara(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 7:21:19 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
ulchiha_madara posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Hm so let's work this out. The 4770K/UD4H bundle costs about $400 at MicroCenter, so let's just take that out of the budget.

With the remaining $1600, I managed to upgrade quite a few things.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1xF0Z

This looks like a very, very good build. I have a question about the case though, would the midsize case be too small for the H100i?