This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of getting a tablet

#11josh_bPosted 8/31/2013 6:25:49 PM(edited)
betatech posted...
@josh_b

I've had a look around and it seems that they've been discontinued (at least where I live), the only ones I can find are either over my budget and/or used and/or from sources I'd rather avoid.

I bought a second one for my wife about 3 months ago from ebay for like $230. Was in perfect condition and even included 2 32gb sd cards that wasn't listed.... I know ebay is questionable but ive had good luck buying tablets and phones off there. at least if you use paypal and if you have a problem with the item or never receive it then at least ebay will back you and get your money back quickly.

I also recommend the Infinity which is basically the same thing except with a high resolution screen.

As for streaming I use ES file Explorer to find the files shared from my pc then use Mobo Player to watch them. You can try different players out there to see which suits you best. VLC player is also another alternative.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#12Deathx113Posted 8/31/2013 6:24:55 PM
Make sure you get a custom built tablet, only idiots and casulss get pre-built tablets.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#13betatech(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 2:17:39 AM
josh_b posted...
betatech posted...
@josh_b

I've had a look around and it seems that they've been discontinued (at least where I live), the only ones I can find are either over my budget and/or used and/or from sources I'd rather avoid.

I bought a second one for my wife about 3 months ago from ebay for like $230. Was in perfect condition and even included 2 32gb sd cards that wasn't listed.... I know ebay is questionable but ive had good luck buying tablets and phones off there. at least if you use paypal and if you have a problem with the item or never receive it then at least ebay will back you and get your money back quickly.

I also recommend the Infinity which is basically the same thing except with a high resolution screen.

As for streaming I use ES file Explorer to find the files shared from my pc then use Mobo Player to watch them. You can try different players out there to see which suits you best. VLC player is also another alternative.

I've just had another look and the infinity in the UK are at least 350 ($542) buy it now or 240 ($372) bidding. Regular ones can be found cheaper but with ebay it's also other issues e.g. battery, etc. It just puts me off even if it is a decent tablet (plus I've had issues with ebay in the past even when I claimed with paypal).

I'm also after a streamer for the internet, in the past I had used orb which also allowed you to transcode the video to save bandwidth but that service is shutting down so I need an alternative.

Is Plex any good?
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#14josh_bPosted 9/1/2013 4:54:07 PM
betatech posted...
josh_b posted...
betatech posted...
@josh_b

I've just had another look and the infinity in the UK are at least 350 ($542) buy it now or 240 ($372) bidding. Regular ones can be found cheaper but with ebay it's also other issues e.g. battery, etc. It just puts me off even if it is a decent tablet (plus I've had issues with ebay in the past even when I claimed with paypal).

I'm also after a streamer for the internet, in the past I had used orb which also allowed you to transcode the video to save bandwidth but that service is shutting down so I need an alternative.

Is Plex any good?

Plex works decent most of the time from what ive used of it. did have it hang a few times and lock the system up though but that was awhile ago so im sure it's gotten better.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
#15betatech(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 12:21:34 AM
josh_b posted...
Plex works decent most of the time from what ive used of it. did have it hang a few times and lock the system up though but that was awhile ago so im sure it's gotten better.

Thank you.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#16josh_bPosted 9/3/2013 11:01:21 PM
betatech posted...
josh_b posted...

Thank you.

no problem bud.
---