This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tons of Greenlit games on sale this weekend. What do you recommend?

#31pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:02:50 AM
OK, I picked a few games up but the only one I got to try yesterday was McPixel ($1.25) and holy **** everyone needs to play this game.

It's a point-n-click for the ADD crowd. The goal of every screen is the same: You have 20 seconds to find and defuse a bomb and stop that screen from exploding. The catch is you can only perform a single action. Either interact with a person/object or pick up and item and [use] it on a person/object. Since you can only perform one action it won't feel like the 20 second timer is rushing you. It's just there to keep the game moving.

You'll blow up a lot but that's ok. Win or lose, you move onto the next screen either way. Don't worry, you'll get to retry failed screens soon enough as the game cycles through them 6 or so at a time. Beat all 6 screens and advance to the next stage and get 6 new screens.

Even though the game seems like it's just a joke it actually manages to feel like a point-n-click game. Sometimes failure gives a hint at the correct solution so it's possible to apply logic, it's also possible to simply try everything on everything until something works, and (just like regular point-n-click games) some solutions are so random if you have to wonder how the developer thinks it makes any sense. But at least in McPixel it's all part of the joke.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#32pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 9:51:49 AM
bumps
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson