This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 7970 a good card and is it worth $280?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 7970 a good card and is it worth $280?
2 years ago#1
^
Topic title says it all.
---
"Funny thing about being a game designer, there's 5 million people who think they know my job better than I do." ~Demize99
2 years ago#2
Yes and yes.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
2 years ago#3
7970 is a good card and 280 is a solid price as long as its not a sapphire.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
2 years ago#4
Killah Priest posted...
7970 is a good card and 280 is a solid price as long as its not a sapphire.

You had me feeling really good.... then i got to the end. Yeah, the one I'm looking at for such a price is a Sapphire.

What's wrong with Sapphire?
---
"Funny thing about being a game designer, there's 5 million people who think they know my job better than I do." ~Demize99
2 years ago#5
Its just the price, sapphires seem to be on sale always.

I had bad experiences with a sapphire but I wouldn't say they suck just saying that for a sapphire its not as great of a deal as opposed to say an ASUS or an MSI.
---
2 years ago#6
Killah Priest posted...
I had bad experiences with a sapphire but I wouldn't say they suck just saying that for a sapphire its not as great of a deal as opposed to say an ASUS or an MSI.

Oh, just a "bad experience"? You had me worried! I read about people having "bad experiences" with every brand on the market so I'm not too phased.
---
2 years ago#7
yea, like I said it was more just saying it would be a better deal if it was a different brand as opposed to crapping on sapphire.
---
2 years ago#8
Killah Priest posted...
Its just the price, sapphires seem to be on sale always.

And my Sapphire Dual-X 7970 has no issues, is a great overclocker, stays cool, and generally just kicks ass.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
2 years ago#9
Sapphire is a perfectly good brand.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
2 years ago#10
and in comes the sapphire defenders who don't bother reading clarifications.
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is the 7970 a good card and is it worth $280?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived