This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how many games from the C&C Ultimate collection are actually worth playing?

#21iscareu13Posted 8/29/2013 9:14:50 PM
Why is Renegade getting so much hate in here?

Renegade easily had one of the most memorable multiplayers I ever played.
#22PolarisPosted 8/29/2013 9:19:46 PM
C&C (1), Red Alert, and Tiberian Sun have all been made available as freeware in past promotions.
#23spud_almightyPosted 8/29/2013 9:31:34 PM
Im surprised at the lack of respect for the original game. A real PC classic and one that has held up so well since 1995.

The best in the series and the one's worth playing are C&C, Red Alert (and the sequel), Tiberium Sun and C&C 3. Generals is pretty bog standard RTS game, though it is a good game it has no real plot which leaves it lacking. Red Alert 3 is not bad but took a lot away from the series and C&C4... that s**t should of never been released. It disrespected and killed the franchise.
#24jake-sfPosted 8/29/2013 9:34:14 PM
iscareu13 posted...
Why is Renegade getting so much hate in here?

Renegade easily had one of the most memorable multiplayers I ever played.

Well, probably because its realistically dead. There was still hardcore servers a few years ago... but that is hardly fun anymore. The game was also flawed and the netcode was terrible... I mean, it WAS my absolute favorite multiplayer FPS experience of all time and I'm dying for new base vs base MP games inspired from that, but you're not getting that experience today.

Its also not a RTS at all, which makes it look odd in the collection. And the single player is.. well, not very good. I still like it better than most modern day shooters but hey...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#25Ryan SiPosted 8/29/2013 10:46:28 PM
Only ever played Tiberian Sun, Generals, Tiberium Wars, and Red Alert 3. All worth playing especially since they are so cheap these days.
---
Playing: TMNT: Out of the Shadows (PC), GoldenEye: Source (PC), The Last Story (Wii)
#26Flaktrooper123Posted 8/29/2013 10:48:37 PM
All except C&C 4
#27The_Pig_Hostage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 4:34:35 PM
so I was about to buy it, and then I realized that all games are Origin-only. lame.