This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazon has a pretty good deal going on a nice mechanical gaming keyboard:

#1DetectivPenguinPosted 8/29/2013 5:28:33 PM
90 bucks for a not quite full sized but still has the (almost) full keyboard (numpad included). 20 dollar rebate if you buy through amazon in the next 2 days. Things getting really good reviews. Nice looking, gotta love that smexy blue backlight with those clicky mx blues. Can't wait, my first mech keyboard. Been waitin for a good deal to come along on an mx blue keyboard with a backlight on it and today was my lucky day. Plus free 2 day shipping for meee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A378L4C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone out there already have one of these things?

Unboxing vid to get me even more hype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90pqRcXibek

Can't wait for the clickity clickity.
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
#2Lady UnePosted 8/29/2013 5:39:12 PM
What exactly makes that a "gaming keyboard"?
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#3DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 5:39:56 PM
backlight, detachable usb cord, compact
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
#4arleasPosted 8/29/2013 5:42:15 PM
Every keyboard is a gaming keyboard unless it sucks ass... Also it's got backlit keys which means that your Cheetos encrusted fingers can find the WASD cluster in a dark room (if you needed the help).
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#5ScroePosted 8/29/2013 5:42:31 PM
Lady Une posted...
What exactly makes that a "gaming keyboard"?

It has lights
---
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs
#6TheFeralWarriorPosted 8/29/2013 5:47:12 PM
arleas posted...
Every keyboard is a gaming keyboard unless it sucks ass... Also it's got backlit keys which means that your Cheetos encrusted fingers can find the WASD cluster in a dark room (if you needed the help).

This made me LOL.
---
Gt & Steam: TheFeralWarrior
Member of PC Master Race
#7Lady UnePosted 8/29/2013 5:48:16 PM
DetectivPenguin posted...
backlight, detachable usb cord, compact

Ah.

i ask because it seems to have less keys, no dedicated arrow keys anyway, and most gaming keyboards I see do the opposite by adding on whole rows of superfluous keys.

I suppose that may be more of an MMO thing though.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#8PyrotechnixxxPosted 8/29/2013 5:49:05 PM
Why the **** would you want a keyboard without dedicated arrow keys?
---
Fear is a leash.
#9cuteboi100Posted 8/29/2013 5:58:16 PM(edited)
That's actually a decent compromise giving up the arrow for the numpad in a compact keyboard. The arrow can always be remapped to the numpad and you have the numpad for calculator work. If I were to buy one I would get the version with MX Reds as that is where the gaming is at.

I've always been hesitant about buying a tenkeyless keyboard as I thought I might need the numpad later, for phone numbers and such, that's why I went with the K60.

Tenkeyless keyboards are cheaper to manufacture because they have less keys and are more compact so you have a larger range of motion with your mouse and a more centered position.

Take all of these into account before purchasing a tenkeyless.

But once again, this is a great compromise.

---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#10ein311Posted 8/29/2013 5:55:47 PM
The Quickfire TK compact layout makes a whole lot more sense than the typical Tenkeyless layouts you see.

My Ducky TKL has arrow keys/etc and omits the numpad. This gives you the numpad plus the typical arrow/pgup/down/etc. keys in a compact package.

Not a bad price, either.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations