This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazon has a pretty good deal going on a nice mechanical gaming keyboard:

#11DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 6:56:04 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
Why the **** would you want a keyboard without dedicated arrow keys?

Watch the vid the numpad has the arrows keys in a traditional layout that activates when you have numlock turned off or something like that. Actually you can see it pretty good in this pic right here.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81EmQYwfIML._SL1500_.jpg
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
#12TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2013 6:58:09 PM
Mechanical keyboards are actually typing keyboards....as that's what they're made for, to be better for typing.

But add LED's to anything and it's SUPER AWESOME COOL GAMINGZ and they can overprice it and sell it to silly people.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#13cuteboi100Posted 8/29/2013 7:02:31 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Mechanical keyboards are actually typing keyboards....as that's what they're made for, to be better for typing.

But add LED's to anything and it's SUPER AWESOME COOL GAMINGZ and they can overprice it and sell it to silly people.

Actually all keyboards are for typing and the LEDs are for typing in the dark. Even though you can type on all keys not all of them are associated specifically with typing. For example, in the Cherry MX key family there are Blues and Reds, blues are recommended for typists for the tactile feedback that makes touchtyping easier, and reds are low-fatigue, fast-response for gaming.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#14DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 7:09:07 PM
Or you could just be a complete and total baller and get one of these babies.

http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic

They even still put the old school windows logo on the windows keys. Those things will have some clickity to them.
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
#15Knight2520Posted 8/29/2013 7:16:12 PM
Watch the vid the numpad has the arrows keys in a traditional layout that activates when you have numlock turned off or something like that. Actually you can see it pretty good in this pic right here.

That's like every keyboard I've ever seen with a numpad.
---
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.
#16DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 7:21:32 PM
Typical numpad arrow layout is really weird/bad though. On this it's normal. On standard keyboard its on the 2468 keys. You can't use it like you would a traditional dedicated arrow keys at all. With this you can. Compare the picture I posted with a picture here of a "normal numpad".

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviewimages/thermaltake-meka-g1-keyboard/thermaltake-meka-g1-keyboard_numpad.jpg

See the difference? This one here is super wonky basically useless for gaming.
---
#17BowsaaPosted 8/29/2013 7:31:54 PM
Basically useless? You only have to move your finger over one more key. It'll work perfectly fine, if you need to use it as the arrow keys for w/e reason.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#18DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 7:46:51 PM
Bowsaa posted...
Basically useless? You only have to move your finger over one more key. It'll work perfectly fine, if you need to use it as the arrow keys for w/e reason.

It might seem that way in your head, and it is factually correct that is just one key down from where it usually is, but in practice in makes a huge difference, pressing down feels really bad/awkward on the 8462 layout. Especially if you have small hands like me.
---
#19wizardmonPosted 8/29/2013 8:09:31 PM
I've never met people that controlled anything with the 8462 layout. If numpad, it's almost always 8456.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#20DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:26:50 AM
wizardmon posted...
I've never met people that controlled anything with the 8462 layout. If numpad, it's almost always 8456.

Do they remap it? Because I've never seen a keyboard with arrow keys "painted" on to 8456.
---