This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best headphones out of these 3?

#11aak57Posted 8/29/2013 8:27:28 PM
If it's for gaming then none of those, really. Take a look through this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-8-17-2013-cal-nuforce-hp-800-fiio-e12-reviewed
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#12steveboblarry(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 8:40:57 PM
Hmm I shall just follow that nifty guide then thanks!
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#13Panzer_SquidPosted 8/29/2013 8:44:14 PM
Maybe you should consider the Brainwavz HM9
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#14Master_BassPosted 8/29/2013 9:18:16 PM
Yeah, I have a pair of the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live!) and they're great considering I got them for $60. I think they go for about $80 on Amazon currently, though.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#15DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/29/2013 9:35:01 PM(edited)
thatfool12Gs posted...
Without clicking the links I'd select the Audio Technicas because of the fact gaming specific headsets generally lack in audio quality, and the AT's are studio monitor headphones made to produce accurate sound for mixing/mastering/recording purposes.

Lots of positive feedback on the Technica brand as well.

A/AD*00 series are for monitoring. M50s are for listening.

grnsun posted...
You should buy from amazon or an authorized dealer and not get screwed over. I have the a900x and they don;t seem too amazing, maybe im spoiled. Sorry, i dont game with it, but music is okay
Rocked the Sony xb500, beats pro, beats solo, soul by ludacris sl150, a900x, and heard the hifi 400
---

Or maybe you're a bass head.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#16thatfool12GsPosted 8/29/2013 9:44:40 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...
Without clicking the links I'd select the Audio Technicas because of the fact gaming specific headsets generally lack in audio quality, and the AT's are studio monitor headphones made to produce accurate sound for mixing/mastering/recording purposes.

grnsun posted...
You should buy from amazon or an authorized dealer and not get screwed over. I have the a900x and they don;t seem too amazing, maybe im spoiled. Sorry, i dont game with it, but music is okay
Rocked the Sony xb500, beats pro, beats solo, soul by ludacris sl150, a900x, and heard the hifi 400
---

Are you accusing me of freebasing?

But seriously, why would you want to get headphones incapable of producing deep bass? Adjust the audio with software EQ and the sound can be whatever you want it to be.

Hard to replicate certain sounds without the ability to produce deep bass.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#17aak57Posted 8/29/2013 9:52:27 PM(edited)
The headphones he bolded (and the XB500s, which he missed) have excessive, poor quality bass. EQ can help, but it can only do so much. You aren't gonna turn XB500s into monitoring headphones.

EDIT: Oh, I see what's going on. He wasn't calling you a basshead, he had moved on and was responding directly to that other dude. He's right about the M50s not really being monitor headphones, though. Monitoring headphones are supposed to be as neutral as possible. EQ can help make something more neutral, but headphones tend to have things they're simply better/worse at, a given nature if you will.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#18r0ge00Posted 8/29/2013 10:15:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/29/2013 10:17:16 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...

grnsun posted...
---

Are you accusing me of freebasing?

But seriously, why would you want to get headphones incapable of producing deep bass? Adjust the audio with software EQ and the sound can be whatever you want it to be.

Hard to replicate certain sounds without the ability to produce deep bass.

Pretty much any high-end cans can reproduce deep bass, which can be amped up with a good EQ quite nicely. Hell, even my crappy $5 headphones could take a good +10~+15db in the 30-60hz range no problem.
No need to get low-quality overpriced cans that have overamped, often low-quality bass, with terrible reproduction in every other regard over some proper, often much more affordable audio equipment.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#20r0ge00Posted 8/29/2013 10:19:29 PM
TC, the M50s have a very narrow soundstage and aren't very good for gaming. I'd check out the Sony MA900s. You can find talk of them towards the end of the thread aak57 posted. MLE (Mad Lust Envy) is pretty hyped about them right now, but that does happen every time he gets a new toy. If you can go a bit higher, the Phillips Fidelio X1 is awesome.