This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General thoughts on Payday 2?

#1XNo_FearXPosted 8/29/2013 8:44:21 PM
im thinking of buying it since i liked the first one but none of my friends play it so idk, how is it compared to the first?
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#2dioxxysPosted 8/29/2013 8:47:11 PM
make friends who play it?
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 8/29/2013 9:05:06 PM
The heists arnt as memorable, its a bit glitchy and it lacks content past lvl40/100. Outside of that its improved in nearly every area. shooting is actually satisfying, upgrading your character is addictive, theres more options within most of the heists, money actually means something now and a lot of other smaller tweaks. Plus the developers seem to be listening to fans and are updating the game constantly.

as far as playing with randoms of course it can be a 50/50 expereince, but based on what iv personally seen(after 40hours, most of that with pubs) the whole thing has been fairly smooth with its community and its still fun.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#4Kokuei05Posted 8/29/2013 9:20:31 PM
Too late to play with randoms IMO. If you bought early when there were people without high level unlocks; you got to experience the difference in gameplay. You had to hand pick doors, drill safes/doors, and etc. Now when you enter a random game; everyone has C4, a saw and etc that makes the game 100% easier.

From level 1 to 35~ money is tight and you'll have a lot of skill points unused. Also the lack of good weapons is apparent. From 35 and up; all you will have is money and levels turn into a major grind. I used to wonder how the **** I was supposed to get 800k for a skill and now I'm sitting at 7 million waiting for skill points.

A plus though is the M308 is still a beast. If you played the first game where you DESTROYED everything that moved with headshots; same goes for this game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y
#5BDSMPosted 8/29/2013 9:35:12 PM
Pretty fun co-op.

Random pub rooms tend to be about 80-90% good experiences.

As a side note they have been making pretty constant changes to the game. (update #9 just came out a couple days ago)

Sadly smash and grab/run and gun is the general rule now as there is really no in game incentive to use stealth. (aside from avoiding potential escape missions which rarely go over 5 mins)
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#6thatfool12GsPosted 8/29/2013 9:40:49 PM
I'm a Police Officer in Washington DC, and I'll just like to say this game sucks. Anyone who enjoys it should be ashamed of themselves.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#7Kokuei05Posted 8/29/2013 9:41:42 PM
Pretty fun co-op.

Random pub rooms tend to be about 80-90% good experiences.

As a side note they have been making pretty constant changes to the game. (update #9 just came out a couple days ago)

Sadly smash and grab/run and gun is the general rule now as there is really no in game incentive to use stealth. (aside from avoiding potential escape missions which rarely go over 5 mins)

The only mission that the game encourages stealth is the last day of Framing Frame. That's the only way to get into the vault for the gold. Every other instance where stealth is an option; it really isn't because there isn't any incentive to doing it that way.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y
#8Tommy2GoGoPosted 8/29/2013 10:07:54 PM
If you are a big fan of the first one you're going to be disappointed with this one
If this is the first payday you're going to play. You're going to think it's the greatest thing ever.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it at the moment.
Heists are SO short they aren't even difficult.
You can easily finish a heist with a second person.

Since you're gonna be starting out. Be prepared to replay crappy levels. Considering everyone now has C4 + SAW the crappy levels are even crappier now considering how easy they are.

It's really buggy and glitchy. Not much to do after level 30ish. Overall, wait until they release dlc + patch it enough + or if it's on sale.
#9ZukkusPosted 8/29/2013 10:11:29 PM
It's fun, but there's still balancing issues and the like they're fixing. Which is good that they're actually fixing stuff.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#10jakisthePosted 8/29/2013 10:41:45 PM
I really do wish there was some game which actually had involved heist planning and the need for careful execution...you almost never see huge firefights in heist movies, for instance. Someday...
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::