This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Check out Natural Selection 2 for free this weekend!

#1Cool_Dude667Posted 8/29/2013 8:47:47 PM
If you have never heard of this game, or were on the fence before, now is a perfect time to try out this gem.

Basically NS2 is a team based first person shooter were each side elects a commander who plays from a 'top-down' view and plays as a RTS game where you build up your team's technology, upgrades, and defense.

This game was essentially built on mod support (multiple maps and even some of the UI was made by modders during the very long development) so this game has a huge modding community, from complete gameplay alterations to simple texture swaps, this game is definitely worth $6.24.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2013 8:50:28 PM
And don't **** the team and be commander, scrubs
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3Panzer_SquidPosted 8/29/2013 8:52:31 PM
During beta and the early days of release the community was nice. Now there are many delinquents and children
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#4happyscrub1Posted 8/29/2013 8:57:07 PM
I have the game and ain't played it last weekend, or the weekend before.... or the weekend before... and the weekend before...ect.

Nice concept but the game gets boring fast.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#5Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 9:31:00 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
I have the game and ain't played it last weekend, or the weekend before.... or the weekend before... and the weekend before...ect.

Nice concept but the game gets boring fast.

How many hours in it do you have though?

If its sub 30, you probably just stuck with the same upgrades and skills like your playing f(&%ing TF2
---
#6thatfool12GsPosted 8/29/2013 9:49:47 PM
How is the gunplay? Controls? Graphics?

I have so many damn FPS I can't keep up. Now I'm stuck playing Payday 2. I might give it a shot this time, why not.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#7jakisthePosted 8/29/2013 10:38:05 PM
Gunplay and controls are great, very tight (no ADS, for instance).
Graphics are...very classic. Not in the sense they're bad (light and shadow play a huge role, so they basically not allowed to be bad), but its got a very Starship Troopers-esque art style.

Overall, a fantastic game - although I wish both sides had more upgrades.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#8Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:09:11 PM
jakisthe posted...
Gunplay and controls are great, very tight (no ADS, for instance).
Graphics are...very classic. Not in the sense they're bad (light and shadow play a huge role, so they basically not allowed to be bad), but its got a very Starship Troopers-esque art style.

Overall, a fantastic game - although I wish both sides had more upgrades.

The graphics aren't very well optimized either, so you may need to turn down some settings if you have a older card.

Reason for this is they built the engine from the ground up so they wouldn't need to pay for their own and put that money toward more content.

Patches get rolled out pretty regularly too.
---
#9happyscrub1Posted 8/29/2013 11:12:02 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

How many hours in it do you have though?

If its sub 30, you probably just stuck with the same upgrades and skills like your playing f(&%ing TF2

Fanboy rage? Why not ask me questions like why do I think it's boring rather then attack my character? Then we can have a healthy conversation about the merits of the game.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg