This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All these DRMs and clients are starting to annoy me...

#51DarthSchubertPosted 8/30/2013 6:57:43 AM
Completely agree. Also because most of these companies bundle their DRM with their sales and marketting platform. Not only do I have to sign up for your X system, but I also have to give my personal demographic information to you to do it, which you sell to big data companies to track my purchases. And you make me give you my valid personal information which is now only as secure as your internal IT security.

It isn't that I have to sign up, it's that they don't just want DRM. They want to ensnare me in their system.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#52FRo3tBLo0dPosted 8/30/2013 7:20:26 AM
DerPancake posted...
If Steam was as good as Origin then I would agree.

I laughed.
#53Boct1584Posted 8/30/2013 7:33:01 AM
The idea of data permanence is part of the reason I love GOG.com as much as I do. Since their installers are DRM-free, you can download them and archive them to a recordable DVD or external hard drive. I had most of my catalog backed up, but about six weeks ago there was a flood and the CD binder those were in got ruined.
---
''Sir, when scrounging merchandise you can get it fast, in good condition, or cheap: pick two.''
--Emtrey, Star Wars X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
#54SinisterSlayPosted 8/30/2013 7:41:04 AM
Just only support the developers of the DRM you support.

So like I never buy a game on origin (mostly because they have nothing I want)
I avoid all ubisoft games, if I really wanted to play one of their games, I would play it on console to avoid the DRM trouble.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#55patribrod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 8:47:05 AM
Setzera posted...
I agree with TC, I hate having all these launchers in the way.

The thing is I doubt they will go away, which is fine. I'd rather see Steam, Uplay, GWFL, etc, instead of going back to the Insert CD days. However, I fully agree in the fact I hate launching Steam, and then when I try to play a game, it launches another DRM client.

I have no problem that Uplay exists, but the fact that Steam DRM launches Uplay DRM is what bothers me the most. If a game is on Steam, it should only require Steam.

This guy gets me
---
FX8350 / ATI Sapphire 7870XT OCed / Patriot 64GB SSD / 3x1TB WD Black / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / 12GB DDR3 / 750W C-Master GX / Corsair 300R / Steam ID : PatriBrod
#56patribrod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 8:48:15 AM
DarthSchubert posted...
Completely agree. Also because most of these companies bundle their DRM with their sales and marketting platform. Not only do I have to sign up for your X system, but I also have to give my personal demographic information to you to do it, which you sell to big data companies to track my purchases. And you make me give you my valid personal information which is now only as secure as your internal IT security.

It isn't that I have to sign up, it's that they don't just want DRM. They want to ensnare me in their system.

Exactly, I hate the fact that ALLLL these companies that are suppose to be publishers know my name, date of birth, full address, phone number, and billing information.
---
FX8350 / ATI Sapphire 7870XT OCed / Patriot 64GB SSD / 3x1TB WD Black / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / 12GB DDR3 / 750W C-Master GX / Corsair 300R / Steam ID : PatriBrod
#57AsucaHayashiPosted 8/30/2013 10:02:05 AM
the fact that console devs and publishers have to go through sony/MS/ninty means they have to abide by a standard ruleset of pricing and sales.

i would gladly sign up and log into several clients at once if it means a constant amount of sales as well as pay $10-20 less for regular games not on sale.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#58lionheart5656Posted 8/30/2013 11:42:57 AM
patribrod posted...
I'm not trying to start a war on which is better. They all have their pros and cons I guess. I just hate that there are so many. It's as if companies all want to shove a new client down our throats with every new PC release.

No not really. most of the them have a bunch of cons and maybe one pro.

Most of the "pros" go directly to the corporation. The consumer never gets to see those pros.

While Valve might be a company, the fact that it is privately owned makes a big difference in how they treat their userbase.

EA and Ubisoft couldn't give two ****s about you or providing you a good service.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.