This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is superior, Diablo 3(ps3) or Diablo 3(pc)?

#1TerantatekPosted 8/29/2013 11:04:02 PM
Thinking of getting into Diablo 3, its been years since I played Diablo 2 and I do enjoy farming bosses over and over again for that 3.75% drop item.

I have a ps3 and a pc that can more than handle Diablo 3 on max. For sake of arguement, don't say "don't buy it at all". That may happen but I would like to know if I were to buy, what platform?
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#2ScroePosted 8/29/2013 11:04:59 PM
lol
---
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs
#3my_name_is_EdPosted 8/29/2013 11:10:17 PM(edited)
Get the inevitable 3DS or Vita version instead. That way you'll avoid Beta (pc) and Beta 2.0 (ps3) and you'll get the full, finished(ish) product
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#4BogePosted 8/29/2013 11:10:39 PM
Diablo 3 is an awesome game. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. They either haven't played it in a long time (it's improved a lot and was even awesome when it did "suck"), or they're just so bitter about it not being as good as Diablo II (the best PC game ever, so can you really expect any game to live up to that?), so all they can do is spit **** at it.

That being said, I think the PC version will be better. Mouse controls are excellent for this kind of game. I've watched some PS3 gameplay and trying to choose your target with a gamepad just isn't going to work well. Also going through those equipment menus and even trying to loot specific items off the ground just can't work well with this kind of game.

Also consider the PC versions better than 720p @ 30fps.

The only thing you're missing from the PC version is the manual roll dodging that they put in the PS3 version. Everything else will be much better on PC.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#5Terantatek(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:10:45 PM
Does the game feel lackluster?
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#6BogePosted 8/29/2013 11:13:43 PM
Terantatek posted...

My only real complaint with Diablo 3 is the crafting. The Horadric Cube was much more enjoyable than this gambling crafting thing they have in Diablo 3.

In my opinion, it's the second best Hack-n-slash ARPG available just behind Diablo 2. Diablo 1 following Diablo 3 and Titan Quest coming in 4th. I guess you could throw Torchlight II and maybe Path of Exile in there behind them all, but they aren't "awesome" games...they're just pretty good.
---
#7matu90rkPosted 8/29/2013 11:13:52 PM
Terantatek posted...

Yes.
#8AraphosPosted 8/29/2013 11:15:02 PM
Get the PS3 version, game will be a lot of fun with a fresh auction house.
#9BogePosted 8/29/2013 11:15:15 PM
Try it free up to like level 20 or something.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/

I love the game. Others will say they hate it, but as I said, it's because it's not Diablo 2.5.
---
#10my_name_is_EdPosted 8/29/2013 11:16:11 PM
Boge posted...
Terantatek posted...

My only real complaint with Diablo 3 is the crafting. The Horadric Cube was much more enjoyable than this gambling crafting thing they have in Diablo 3.

In my opinion, it's the second best Hack-n-slash ARPG available just behind Diablo 2. Diablo 1 following Diablo 3 and Titan Quest coming in 4th. I guess you could throw Torchlight II and maybe Path of Exile in there behind them all, but they aren't "awesome" games...they're just pretty good.

.....wat?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png