This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is superior, Diablo 3(ps3) or Diablo 3(pc)?

#11TimePharaohPosted 8/29/2013 11:17:32 PM
Boge posted...
Diablo 3 is an awesome game. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. They either haven't played it in a long time (it's improved a lot and was even awesome when it did "suck"), or they're just so bitter about it not being as good as Diablo II (the best PC game ever, so can you really expect any game to live up to that?), so all they can do is spit **** at it.

That being said, I think the PC version will be better. Mouse controls are excellent for this kind of game. I've watched some PS3 gameplay and trying to choose your target with a gamepad just isn't going to work well. Also going through those equipment menus and even trying to loot specific items off the ground just can't work well with this kind of game.

Also consider the PC versions better than 720p @ 30fps.

The only thing you're missing from the PC version is the manual roll dodging that they put in the PS3 version. Everything else will be much better on PC.

I've seen you in literally every topic even .0001% remotely related to D3 that I've had the misfortune to be in....so, which developer are you?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#12SlaynPosted 8/29/2013 11:18:16 PM
Never really understood why people didn't like the AH. Don't like it, don't use it? All you did was trade stuff you don't need for gold, used gold to buy stuff you do need. No more spamming for trades. I heard the game got much easier too since I last played.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#13my_name_is_EdPosted 8/29/2013 11:21:35 PM
Slayn posted...
Never really understood why people didn't like the AH. Don't like it, don't use it? All you did was trade stuff you don't need for gold, used gold to buy stuff you do need. No more spamming for trades. I heard the game got much easier too since I last played.

the entire focus of the game was the AH. the game was developed around it. The reason for the insanely low drop rates is because of the AH.

Instead of fixing the problem, they keep throwing on bandages and ducktape and hoping no one notices.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#14Lemur_HPosted 8/29/2013 11:32:44 PM
Araphos posted...
Get the PS3 version, game will be a lot of fun with a fresh auction house.

Pretty sure it has no Gold or Real Money Auction House.

In fact, the game can be played entirely offline.

Get the PS3 version.
#15Lemur_HPosted 8/29/2013 11:36:00 PM
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/console/
#16Dragonspawn1319Posted 8/29/2013 11:40:21 PM
Araphos posted...
Get the PS3 version, game will be a lot of fun with a fresh auction house.

There are no auction houses on ps3, not even for gold. They just upped the drop rates instead. I think it has player to player trades though.
#17JavelinPosted 8/29/2013 11:53:05 PM
The only thing worse than Diablo III being a massive disappointment, is the horde of Blizzard fanboy apologists pretending it doesn't suck.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#18DaedalusExPosted 8/30/2013 12:07:13 AM(edited)
Here's what's good about D3:
-Combat is fun
-Skills are unique have a lot of "oomph" to them
-Incredibly easy to drop in and out of friends' games

Here's what's bad about D3:
-Design around auction house results in terrible drop rates
-Loot designed for your class can and will have stats on it that your class can't use
-No build choices have consequence, results in the feeling of unlocking a character rather than building one. No reason to play the same class more than once
-Everything scales off of weapon damage, everything... there is no base or flat damage at all. That means the damage of your Wizard's lightning spell is determined by the damage of the crossbow or other inappropriate weapon you're holding...even though the weapon isn't used at all for casting spells. In addition to not making sense, there's no way to focus or specialize in a skill...all power gains are very gradual and thus leveling up is very unfulfilling
-Stupid, predictable story with laughable villains that is shoved down your throat by constant, useless dialogue and cutscenes

Believe that's everything.
#19chris13gtrPosted 8/30/2013 2:54:06 AM
The answer is obvious:Torchlight 2(PC).
#20Kitchen SinkPosted 8/30/2013 2:58:37 AM
PS3 version by far

The PC version was just a beta test for the console version
---
Flanders - I think we hit something
Homer - I hope it was Flanders