This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is superior, Diablo 3(ps3) or Diablo 3(pc)?

#31BogePosted 8/30/2013 12:02:26 PM
You can watch a live stream on IGN of the PS3 version here. Notice the targeting issues.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/30/ign-live-presents-diablo-3-console
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#32Lemur_HPosted 8/30/2013 12:03:40 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Enjoy never getting good gear then at end game.

You don't need 500K Damage to enjoy endgame.
#33SirisS-G-PPosted 8/30/2013 12:20:58 PM
I got to Inferno difficulty with 2 friends and with the 3 of us we could not beat it. Spent a couple of hours trying to find better gear and could not get Sh**. Then it hit like a ton of bricks.

Diablo 3 is a PAY TO WIN game. They make Inferno Dificulty so hard that you have to dump money into the RMAH just to get better gear.

Game is trash, recommend to avoid at all costs.

On a good note, Blizzard has excellent customer service.
#34AsucaHayashiPosted 8/30/2013 12:35:18 PM
SirisS-G-P posted...
I got to Inferno difficulty with 2 friends and with the 3 of us we could not beat it. Spent a couple of hours trying to find better gear and could not get Sh**. Then it hit like a ton of bricks.

Diablo 3 is a PAY TO WIN game. They make Inferno Dificulty so hard that you have to dump money into the RMAH just to get better gear.

inferno is a cakewalk now with that artificial difficulty slider.

might wanna try again.... or not since the game is still a horribly unbalanced mess in too many areas.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#35Dragonspawn1319Posted 8/30/2013 12:35:32 PM
SirisS-G-P posted...

It was like that around launch, but inferno got nerfed to hell (pun intended). They changed it so you can select how strong you want the enemies to be sort of like d2 with the /players command, and the default difficulty is much easier than it used to be.

A year ago I never thought I'd defend the game but it has gotten better since launch, atleast somewhat. The auction house is still screwy.
#36my_name_is_EdPosted 8/30/2013 3:39:21 PM
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
SirisS-G-P posted...

It was like that around launch, but inferno got nerfed to hell (pun intended). They changed it so you can select how strong you want the enemies to be sort of like d2 with the /players command, and the default difficulty is much easier than it used to be.

A year ago I never thought I'd defend the game but it has gotten better since launch, atleast somewhat. The auction house is still screwy.

if by "still screwy" you mean "still around"
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#37DaedalusExPosted 8/30/2013 4:04:00 PM
Boge posted...
I think their disappointment of it not living up to or surpassing Diablo 2's overall enjoyment is clouding their true feeling about how good Diablo 3 really is.

They made some pretty glaringly bad design decisions independent of D2's legacy, see my previous post in this topic.
#38Bossdog421Posted 8/30/2013 4:49:53 PM
Anyone saying get the console version is trolling.

Get it on PC and enjoy
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#39TowerBooks3192Posted 8/30/2013 6:41:14 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
Boge posted...
I think their disappointment of it not living up to or surpassing Diablo 2's overall enjoyment is clouding their true feeling about how good Diablo 3 really is.

They made some pretty glaringly bad design decisions independent of D2's legacy, see my previous post in this topic.

Glaringly bad is and understatement mate. For starters they turned it in to an MMO revolving around the RMAH and I bet they spent more on the legal team drafting the EULA for the RMAH than the actual game. Games like Diablo 2 and Starcraft are games that you will be playing many years from now but they removed offline single-player and you could not mod the game.

Now they have loot 2.0 coming to fix the "auction house first then playing for loot second" mentallity with their upcoming expansion. But guess what? If they are really serious about that then they should have not included the auction house in the first place!!

If they were really hell bent on moneygrabbing with the lease amount of backlash then they should have made millions of gold and legendaries a DLC for people who want instant gratification instead of the RMAH where they benefit from people's hard work.

If you are enjoying the game then good for you but how can you support something that revolves around the RMAH? How could you love something that you whole heartedly give your $60 to but still asks more money from you and feel like you were renting the game rather than owning it?

I reckon that, if torchlight 2 had Diablo's lore, name, and graphics and this game would be called something else, I bet no one would pick this game up. Like someone else said, they sold tons of copies because of the name of the franchise and not for how great their game is!

I think torchlight 2 or Path of exile would be a better investment for what enjoyment you could get out of it with a whole lot less than what you pay for Diablo 3.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#40HighOnPhazonPosted 8/30/2013 9:25:51 PM
Boge posted...
Diablo 3 is an awesome game. Don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

Double standard?
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB / Corsair TX650