This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a tablet to utilize the Xbox Glass on the One. Any suggestions?

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/30/2013 10:05:13 AM
i've been staring at the Surface RT tablet and I'm wondering a couple of things:

Is there a Kindle app for the Surface because I'd like to replace my Kindle Fire too?

Are there any other tablets I should be looking at?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2gastamanPosted 8/30/2013 10:09:08 AM
Yes, there is a Kindle app. However, your Kindle Fire grants you a free book rental per month, while other devices with a Kindle app will not.

Smartglass will work on any platform (iOS, Android, Windows). Is there a particular reason you are looking at the Surface RT?
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#3Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 5:39:51 PM
gastaman posted...
Yes, there is a Kindle app. However, your Kindle Fire grants you a free book rental per month, while other devices with a Kindle app will not.

Smartglass will work on any platform (iOS, Android, Windows). Is there a particular reason you are looking at the Surface RT?

I just searched for smartglass and didn't see it on my kindle fireI only have the Kindle Fire, however, so is smartglass on the HD version?. Also, I did kind of want to play that halo game that is coming out for tablets/phones but I think it's only going to Windows 8 platforms which was another, albeit minor, reason for looking at Windows 8 tablets. I was looking at the Surface RT because it seems like a very capable tablet for a good price while suiting my other needs in the process.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.