This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the heck so I learn to play Football Manager

#1TowerBooks3192Posted 8/30/2013 10:45:23 AM
I learned Crusader Kings 2 , Europa Universalis easily and I also managed to get the gist on how to play Hearts of Iron 3 but I could never play Football Manager and really understand what I am doing. Any advice? Would really love to get a low ranked team to the premier league or something but I really suck at the game.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#2EphezialPosted 8/30/2013 10:54:46 AM
Use young talent often, and depending on what league you're in loan some of the youngsters to teams in lower leagues where they can improve/make a name for themselves. This will increase their market value, and if you don't want to keep them you can sell them giving you a greater budget.

Make sure your players are all playing in position.
Have a fairly deep squad so if you star players get injured you still have a decent backup.
#3il_capitanoPosted 8/30/2013 10:58:19 AM
Learn tactics, invest on youngsters, loan players from higher leagues, customize your training schedules.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#4TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 12:07:54 PM
So if let's say I play with Blue Square Bets North or South, what team would be great? I don't have a clue about tactics and all I know is the basics of football though. I know some of the basic positions but I don't have a clue about stuff like trequartista or what to use as my player instructions, use a target man, etc.

I know that its better to assign players with the proper stats for the positions but don't have a clue on how to make the most out of the formation and what players are available on my team.
---
#5TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:28:52 AM
bump
---
#6DerPancakePosted 8/31/2013 12:10:25 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
So if let's say I play with Blue Square Bets North or South, what team would be great? I don't have a clue about tactics and all I know is the basics of football though. I know some of the basic positions but I don't have a clue about stuff like trequartista or what to use as my player instructions, use a target man, etc.

I know that its better to assign players with the proper stats for the positions but don't have a clue on how to make the most out of the formation and what players are available on my team.

Trequartista is the playmaker, the one who passes the one who controls the attacking in your team, usually the one who assists the most. Target man is for your strong and tall players, they will get the ball pass more often even if they are surrounded by a lot of defenses since they can get through them with physical force or when crossing they are good with heading and they will usually be the target of the pass.

Depending on your team you will have your formation, if your team is one of the worst in the league its better to play defensive like a 4-5-1. Put 2 of your fastest players as right and left wing and your strongest/tallest player as centre forward and put him as target man. Its way too complicated for me to explain everything, and it would take hours :P.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#7NemerlightPosted 8/31/2013 12:46:04 PM
I could never figured out that game so i would just pick rich teams like Barca and buy everyone xD
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#8NotQuiteAFreakPosted 8/31/2013 12:59:27 PM
Is there a way you can quickly simulate matches without having to go watch the match?
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#9TowerBooks3192(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 1:04:00 PM
DerPancake posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...

Trequartista is the playmaker, the one who passes the one who controls the attacking in your team, usually the one who assists the most. Target man is for your strong and tall players, they will get the ball pass more often even if they are surrounded by a lot of defenses since they can get through them with physical force or when crossing they are good with heading and they will usually be the target of the pass.

Depending on your team you will have your formation, if your team is one of the worst in the league its better to play defensive like a 4-5-1. Put 2 of your fastest players as right and left wing and your strongest/tallest player as centre forward and put him as target man. Its way too complicated for me to explain everything, and it would take hours :P.

Any good guides that would really help? I feel a bit frustrated that I have never learned how to play the game and a new FM is coming. Not much of a football fan so I don't mind whatever team I play though but I tend to avoid the big ones as much as possible because of the type of opponents I am facing and the expectations of the board. I think I get the gist of how to know what players are good at doing but I don't know how to make a tactic that would work like how each player role would affect the tactic overall and how the player roles and those attacking,defending or support would work like if I set a midfielder to support then should I set another one to attack? etc.
---
#10DerPancakePosted 8/31/2013 1:35:07 PM
To be honest, I never played the Football Manager game, but I played some games like it on websites, and I seen some videos of it and its not that different except the website games don't have the 3D simulation.

Also here is a nice guide, I started reading some of it and it looks good enough.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!