This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I found FF7 on PC at a thrift store, can anyone answer my question?

#11MasterDonGeroPosted 8/30/2013 2:09:39 PM
szunega posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Jprime666 posted...
The PC version is moddable

http://kotaku.com/how-to-make-final-fantasy-vii-look-like-an-hd-remaster-715805917

>Linking to Slowtaku

>being from /v/

>implying /v/ is the only board that uses greentext
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#12my_name_is_EdPosted 8/30/2013 2:13:02 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
szunega posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Jprime666 posted...

http://kotaku.com/how-to-make-final-fantasy-vii-look-like-an-hd-remaster-715805917

>Linking to Slowtaku

>being from /v/

>implying it was a jab at meme arrows
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#13TheWidowmaker1Posted 8/30/2013 2:14:23 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
I'd say the PC disc version has virtually no value as you can now get FF7 from both Steam and SquareEnix's online store.

It has value for being rare, pretty much.
---
Games should be bringing people together, not tearing them apart. There is too much hate in the gaming culture.
#14DragnfyrPosted 8/30/2013 2:32:55 PM
TheWidowmaker1 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...
I'd say the PC disc version has virtually no value as you can now get FF7 from both Steam and SquareEnix's online store.

It has value for being rare, pretty much.

Collector's items usually only have value if they are in very good condition with all the packaging. I doubt a thift store copy would be in such good condition.
---
MacBook Pro with Retina Display | 15.4" 2880x1800 | Core i7-3615QM @ 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | GT 650M 1GB GDDR5 | 256GB SSD | OSX 10.8.4 | Windows 8 Pro
#15szunega(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 5:46:44 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
szunega posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Jprime666 posted...

>Linking to Slowtaku

>being from /v/

>implying it wasn't /v/ that didn't create greentext
---
The Wii and the NES had the most amount of shovelware ever.
#16my_name_is_EdPosted 8/30/2013 6:20:42 PM(edited)
szunega posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
szunega posted...
Monkeymage posted...

>Linking to Slowtaku

>being from /v/

>implying it wasn't /v/ that didn't create greentext

>implying is wasn't /v/ that did create greentext
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#17xanthan1Posted 8/30/2013 6:42:19 PM
Szymaa posted...
szunega posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
Correct, I checked my set of the late 90's version and it's 4 discs, 3 game and 1 install.

Nice! my copy came in separate cases. So no label or manual. But is the game worth anything? I already have the playstation version and I was wondering if it was any different.

Yes, the PC version has a redone translation (no more "This guy are sick") and much, much, MUCH worse music.

The music is only worse if you have a bad sound front for midis installed. This is also why it included a good one.
#18daemon_danPosted 8/30/2013 6:45:53 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Szymaa posted...
szunega posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
Correct, I checked my set of the late 90's version and it's 4 discs, 3 game and 1 install.

Nice! my copy came in separate cases. So no label or manual. But is the game worth anything? I already have the playstation version and I was wondering if it was any different.

Yes, the PC version has a redone translation (no more "This guy are sick") and much, much, MUCH worse music.

The music is only worse if you have a bad sound front for midis installed. This is also why it included a good one.

Mods.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#19xanthan1Posted 8/30/2013 6:53:05 PM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
xanthan1 posted...
Szymaa posted...
szunega posted...
KidInTheHall posted...

Mods.

Yeah no. Getting a better sound font, or using the one the game includes and gives the option to install, so you don't need to use the ****ty windows default one is not modding. It has nothing to do with the modding the game. It doesn't change anything related to the game. They even included one on the install disc, seriously, go bring up the menu, it mentions I think a Yamaha one.

For the record, this would also make other midis outside the game sound better as you're changing how Windows plays them to use better sounds.
#20daemon_danPosted 8/30/2013 6:52:23 PM
xanthan1 posted...

-face palm- I meant getting a mod for the music rather than mess with the sound font stuff cause the vocal work on one-winged angel still isn't there.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."