This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about windows updates after clean install

#1ChaosMaelstromPosted 8/30/2013 12:04:13 PM
Usually after a clean install, I install all of the Windows updates first and then the drivers. But I was just curious if I should install all at the same time right away or do them separately. For example, when I check the updates the first time, there are like 140 updates available. Should I do all 140 at once? Or do a few at a time? And would this even make a difference at all? Thank You for your assistance in advance, and my apologies if my question is kind of unusual.
#2PhilOnDezPosted 8/30/2013 12:13:42 PM
If it will let you do them all at once by all means go for it. Odds are you'll eventually get an error. Basically, just let it run and try to install everything, if it errors then just start installing a handful at a time until you're done.

I'd advise against manually updating IE when you open it, let the updater handle it. If you don't there's a chance it will try to install the current version every time you run the updater and proceed to error out every time as well.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez