This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console graphics compared to PC (Cross Platform)

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Console graphics compared to PC (Cross Platform)
2 years ago#1
I'm always curious, what setting on PC would be comparable to playing on console? I had a free code to Bioshock Infinite for PC and played through it, and I felt like the graphics were similar (everything on max). Then I wondered about how - while on High settings - Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider looked (watched viddys) they looked similiar as well. I dunno if its because Youtube uploads can do justice though.
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
2 years ago#2
After playing Bioshock Infinite on the absolute lowest settings at 720p and then watching my girlfriend play it on her PS3... I think it looked better on my laptop... especially the textures. She played at 1080p, or whatever resolution PS3 games actually play at when it tells you 1080p...
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
(edited by anthrax360x)
2 years ago#3
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Bioshock Infinite for PC and played through it, and I felt like the graphics were similar (everything on max)

What resolution.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
2 years ago#4
The console versions of modern games have graphics that are below even PC's low settings
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
2 years ago#5
The biggest difference (in my opinion) from PC to Console is that on PC you can get a much higher frame rate with much better looking textures.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
2 years ago#6
Compare Crysis 3 on PC vs 360

http://www.videogameszone.de/Crysis-3-Xbox360-235315/News/Crysis-3-im-interaktiven-Grafikvergleich-Xbox-360-gegen-PC-1046306/
---
How many emotions is people?
2 years ago#7
Jprime666 posted...

http://www.videogameszone.de/Crysis-3-Xbox360-235315/News/Crysis-3-im-interaktiven-Grafikvergleich-Xbox-360-gegen-PC-1046306/

I can't tell the difference between the two. CONSOLES WIN AGAIN!
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
2 years ago#8
Jprime666 posted...

Wow the x360 version hurts my eyes.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#9
TES IV: Oblivion on XBox 360 looked like PC at medium settings at 1280x720 resolution. The system was only a few months old when it came out. The PS3 version looks even worse.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
2 years ago#10
YouTube absolutely does not do games justice, especially since it's capped at 30 FPS. It also seems to degrade the visual quality of videos.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Console graphics compared to PC (Cross Platform)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived