This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console graphics compared to PC (Cross Platform)

#11BuburibonPosted 8/30/2013 1:21:52 PM
TC, I'm thinking your "similar" really means "it looked like the same game." Because, honestly, graphics don't look similar at all with everything maxed, including DX11 contact hardening shadows, high definition ambient occlusion, diffusion depth of field, etc. I'd say the ultra textures alone make a huge difference. Also, completely maxing Bioshock Infinite at 1080p and above requires a fairly good gaming PC, and it looks like you've got one, so I'd recommend you make full use of it.

By the way, the difference is staggering in games like Crysis 3, Metro:LL, and Tomb Raider, and there's no arguing that.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#12FaPaThYPosted 8/30/2013 1:59:04 PM(edited)
Bioshock Infinite's textures on PC are a lot less blurry and more detailed than the console versions, so not sure how you think they look similar. And that's ignoring the more subtle effects like better shadows and lighting. It's true that most multi-platform games use the same assets and textures across all platforms out of laziness though, which is why some will look similar on the surface. You can easily tell which is the case by their install sizes. Games like Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock Infinite, etc. do come with higher res textures, either built in or as a mod/free DLC, so if you want to see a difference, compare those to the console versions and it's pretty easy to see.

But really, the real difference is higher screen resolution and higher/more stable FPS. Most console games are only 720p(or less) and run at a not-so-stable 30FPS, and can dip down to 10-20 FPS when there's stuff going on on screen. Screen tearing is usually pretty bad too thanks to that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry

Has some decent comparison videos/reviews for all the versions of games.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#13SteamsterPosted 8/30/2013 1:48:08 PM
There's no way you maxed the game at 1080p and 30+ frames if you think it's comparable to consoles.

Go and actually max Bioshock infinite, stare at it for a week, then go and play it on a console. I'd imagine you'd need to have some sort of medical condition to not notice the difference at that point.