This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn - worth it if i'm not into moogles or catgirls?

#1runromPosted 8/30/2013 3:30:38 PM
The game looks interesting, but the moogles and catgirls might be the dealbreaker for me. Thoughts?
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#2TerantatekPosted 8/30/2013 3:33:06 PM
Most final fantasies have moogles. Or atleast a good number do. Its a series staple.

Catgirls however.. makes me wish it forced people to play the gender they selected at subscription while providing an official ID.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#3xBrokenxHaloxPosted 8/30/2013 3:33:24 PM
If you don't like those races, then don't play them. I am assuming those are races.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#4TerantatekPosted 8/30/2013 3:34:41 PM
xBrokenxHalox posted...
If you don't like those races, then don't play them. I am assuming those are races.

First isn't. Second is. The second is enough for him that simply seeing it ruins the game.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#5xBrokenxHaloxPosted 8/30/2013 3:38:05 PM
Terantatek posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...

First isn't. Second is. The second is enough for him that simply seeing it ruins the game.

Is it not just a normal girl with cat ears? I can't imagine it being that unbearable.
---
#6my_name_is_EdPosted 8/30/2013 3:41:54 PM
xBrokenxHalox posted...
Terantatek posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...

Is it not just a normal girl with cat ears? I can't imagine it being that unbearable.

alot of people see it as "furry". and alot of those same people hate furries like i hate bronies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#7Digital StormPosted 8/30/2013 3:52:31 PM
Honestly? Not at the moment. There are server issues, which may or may not lead to you not actually getting in game to play. They're adding more servers next week to reduce the load but that's next week.

That's what I'm doing at least. I already lost my months free time due to Squares convoluted account system so I'm not concerned with server issues. I'll just start next month when things even out -- hopefully.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#8xBrokenxHaloxPosted 8/30/2013 4:02:55 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...
Terantatek posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...

alot of people see it as "furry". and alot of those same people hate furries like i hate bronies.

So, do those same people think the same thing of pandaren and worgen in WoW? It's fantasy. I could see people thinking its like that if people dress that way in real life, but it is a fantasy role playing game.
---
#9Orestes417Posted 8/30/2013 4:03:06 PM
Waiting to see how the raiding scene shapes up personally. If they come up with something that tops the feeling of progression raiding ulduar hard modes I may jump in.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#10DaedalusExPosted 8/30/2013 4:13:21 PM
I've been playing it for the last 2 days and I gotta say no, this game isn't worth playing. There's honestly not much depth to it. Certainly not the level of depth required to sustain an MMO. I'd like to check out endgame content before I give a final verdict but I doubt it'll keep me interested that long.