This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone buy pc games at full price anymore?

#41PhilOnDezPosted 8/30/2013 11:29:50 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
I haven't heard of a sale on minecraft in forever.

Has it ever gone on sale? It was cheaper in alpha/beta but the closest to a sale price I've seen is they sell two-packs of the code cards for $50 vs the $52.50 or so two individual copies would cost.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#42RequiemPosted 8/31/2013 1:39:35 AM
For larger games (aka AAA titles), it's usually best to wait for several patches to come out to fix the game breaking bugs.

By the time those patches come out, though, price usually goes down.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#43silvergokuZPosted 8/31/2013 7:38:30 AM
Only one you might say I got full price was Counter Strike Source but that came with other games.

Think with Broken Sword 4 I got it about a month or two later cheaper on Ebay so nope not full price either though it was full price in the shops as this was before digital distribution was that popular i.e 7 years ago just saying so I never pay full price for thngs
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#44xKynOxPosted 8/31/2013 8:02:45 AM
last time paid full for a game was guild wars 2,over a year ago
#45Maiken100Posted 8/31/2013 8:17:38 AM(edited)
I ashamed to say I did buy Diablo 3 at full price, complete disaster that game.
#46BowsaaPosted 8/31/2013 8:19:10 AM(edited)
Not really.

I don't buy many games at all, though.

The last game that I bought full price was GW2 for $50 ~3 months back, although I sold my bow from Flyff for $30 of that. Got 200 hours out of it so far, and I'll play it more when my internet gets to be better. Before that, I got Oblivion GOTY for $20 over 3 years ago when I bought my laptop.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#47somebody336Posted 8/31/2013 8:52:40 AM
Nearly. Bought Total War Rome 2 for $46. (Very rare case though)
#48XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 8:58:47 AM
Actually wait... I remember I bought Far Cry 3 on release. I never beat it because I had crappy specs back then but Im playing it again now.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#49JKatarnPosted 8/31/2013 11:26:37 AM
DerPancake posted...
Yes, I bought a gaming PC because I have money, and I support the devs unlike some cheap ***** who wait until the game is like 5 dollars, but that usually takes more than 2-3 years, and I don't have patience for that ****.

These stupid sales and pirates are why some devs are giving PC the finger.

It's a good thing to support the devs and buy games you're interested in, but at the same time you have to be reasonable and recognize that not everyone shares your tastes in games, and a $60 day-one purchase to one person is a bargain bin impulse buy for the next. Devs discount their games to make some profit off of undecided gamers that likely wouldn't have paid full price, these gamers are still supporting the devs by buying the games on sale, as the money is still going to the devs (well, the bulk of it goes to the publishers), and in more than a few cases the volume of purchases compensates for and in some cases surpasses initial sales.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#50maybecallsPosted 8/31/2013 11:38:36 AM
I have so much potential gameplay here and so little spare time to play them...... It's quite possible that I won't buy any more games for at least the next year (or longer), which also means I won't have to upgrade my graphics card or any other components. Which is great.