This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, for those of you who have played Mass Effect for both the 360 and the PC...

#11josh_bPosted 8/31/2013 9:57:37 PM
I have all 3 games in the series on Origin and despite what people say Origin is not that bad.... at least I don't get advertisements every day like I do from steam showing what's on sale and what upcoming game is released.

The series is worth dealing with another service to play them.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#12steveboblarryPosted 8/31/2013 10:00:53 PM
It amazes me when people try and come at steam, Origin is still in its infancy it will get better. just like how bad steam was when it first started
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#13PhilOnDezPosted 8/31/2013 10:09:11 PM
It runs a lot better on PC, obviously. Higher frame rates, reduced texture pop (or maybe even removed, I had it on an SSD and never noticed any), and no slowdown, hardware permitting.

It was one of the first games I replayed after building my PC, and it's a big jump graphically. That's about the only real difference aside from a handful of minor mods and an easier time importing custom saves. I can't really give it the go-ahead on buying it again unless you only played the first one on 360, if you haven't played 2/3 by all means nab the trilogy on origin next time it's on sale.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14XIcabooseIXPosted 9/1/2013 12:41:26 AM
There is an awesome texture mod available for ME1 here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mass-effect-1-new-texture-updatesimprovements-mod

It replaces the textures of almost all the characters, some armor, and the light and shadow maps.
#15superdarkshadowPosted 9/1/2013 3:12:42 AM
If you get the retail version, you might be able to activate it by emailing Origin support and giving them the product key and some more info.

Worked for me, I prefer Origin to the physical version.
---
Corsair TX950W|ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe|Intel Core i5 2500K|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS GTX 670 DC2|Crucial M4 128GB |Samsung Spinpoint F3|CM 690 II Advanced|2x Dell U2312HM
#16temgunPosted 9/1/2013 3:28:03 AM
steveboblarry posted...
It amazes me when people try and come at steam, Origin is still in its infancy it will get better. just like how bad steam was when it first started

But Steam had no competition and it was the first of its kind back then. I think Origin is good enough already really, but I already have pretty much everything else on Steam already, so why would anyone like me use Origin outside EA games?
#17ThePCElitistPosted 9/1/2013 6:57:10 AM
Worth it alone to play at more than 20 fps.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU