This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, Newegg may have just lost a customer.

#1PyrotechnixxxPosted 8/30/2013 6:57:32 PM
Second time I've purchased a GPU and not received the AMD reward card with it. Got into contact with support and they say they may be able to send me one, but if they don't I will not be giving them any more of my money. :/

What about you PCH, any vendors on your **** list?
---
Fear is a leash.
#2iceachePosted 8/30/2013 7:00:29 PM
Boo Hoo.
#3d209999Posted 8/30/2013 7:00:36 PM
AMD = FINISHED
---
*under construction*
#4Knight2520Posted 8/30/2013 7:01:38 PM(edited)
If they don't, keep after them (if you care to expend that much energy, but I find chat is pretty minimally intensive). I returned an item, got my refund (and then they started quibbling about how much my refund was), got part of my refund revoked, complained, got it reinstated, got it revoked a week later with no notification other than the smaller amount being credited to my bank account, complained again, and got the rest of my money.

I'm going with Amazon in the future.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#5Pyrotechnixxx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 7:07:53 PM
iceache posted...
Boo Hoo.

That's what I said the first time it happened. It's not a huge deal. But to have it happen twice? It's only a few degrees away from blatant deceit. It was added to my cart, it showed up on my order, no card. Why give a business hundreds of dollars of revenue when they have no interest in quality control? :/
---
Fear is a leash.
#6Panzer_SquidPosted 8/30/2013 7:17:27 PM
Tigerdirect

Ordered from them 3 or 4 times. Took forever to actually ship anything out (over a week) and one time they cancelled an order after not updating the status for a long while (like 2 weeks) because apparently they forgot that a product of theirs was out of stock. I really prefer Newegg over Tigerdirect but I think Amazon is the best overall.
---
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum
#7NicodimusPosted 8/30/2013 7:19:41 PM
I admit after my recent RMA experience with Newegg, it's not my first choice to buy things any longer. They really need to get with the times and have a progressive policy like Amazon does.

With Newegg, you have to ship the item out to them immediately and sit around for 10-14 days waiting for a replacement (and if it's something like a monitor, CPU, video card...that is going to be a LONG time. Hope you've got a spare!) With Amazon, you have a replacement typically within 2 days, and they just charge you if you don't return the defective item within 30 days. It's far better.
---
My movie and gaming room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#8WyzeGyePosted 8/30/2013 7:21:16 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
Second time I've purchased a GPU and not received the AMD reward card with it. Got into contact with support and they say they may be able to send me one, but if they don't I will not be giving them any more of my money. :/

they did the same thing to me. Back when they were giving out Sleeping Dogs and Nexuiz... they gave me nexuiz after I harrassed them enough.... f***ing nexuiz.

Best advice I can give you, is demand that you receive your code, and let them know that AMD will be made aware of what they've done if they don't make it right.

They're a participating retailer. Theres no reason that they don't have enough codes. There should be one code made available for every eligible card.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif | http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/201227_v1.gif
#9PathlessBulletPosted 8/30/2013 7:21:35 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...

Not their fault you can't read the fine print. AMD reward cards are given in LIMITED quantities to each reseller and you're NOT guaranteed to receive one.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#10nintend0Fan46Posted 8/30/2013 7:54:22 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Pyrotechnixxx posted...

Not their fault you can't read the fine print. AMD reward cards are given in LIMITED quantities to each reseller and you're NOT guaranteed to receive one.

I assume he's talking about the new promotion which came out pretty recently.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...