This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've got 4 Splinter Cell games, thinking about getting Blacklist too. Questions.

#1Flame_HazardPosted 8/30/2013 7:50:47 PM
80/80

1. Which of the 4 Splinter Cell games on Steam are worth playing? I downloaded the original a while back but haven't played more than a few minutes. I just checked reviews, and from the looks of it, only the original and Chaos Theory are worth my time. Accurate? Reviews for Double Agent are horrible, and Conviction apparently isn't much better.

2. Does Blacklist have a really good story? I can wait for a slight price drop just to get stealth gameplay, but if it's great gameplay and great story, I could use that right now. But then, maybe I still have Chaos Theory for that.

Bonus: What order do I play the Prince of Persia games in? I got that bundle in a sale too and I have no idea tbh >_>.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#2TruthtelaPosted 8/30/2013 8:07:58 PM
Going back through them the earlier ones might not have aged well (haven't played them in quite a while) they are all worth a play through if you like the type of game. With conviction, it isn't a bad game. It however doesn't feel nearly the same as the originals. Its more action then sneaking around.
---
How's your muffin?
#3Damaged7Posted 8/30/2013 8:50:16 PM
Splinter Cell is awesome.

Pandora Tomorrow I really liked but most say was pretty bland or not as good.

Didn't play Chaos Theory.

Double Agent X360 was really weird. I think its worth a try but you could skip it.

Conviction was vastly different. A decent take on the series.

Blacklist has an alright story. Same old stuff in other games. You got your bad guy doing bad things and you gotta try and stop them. Single player felt really short but theres some co-op and of course multiplayer.
---
Bold Text
#4RogueStrikerPosted 8/31/2013 2:06:58 AM
1. Since you have them all, play them in order so you can see how the series progressed or "regressed". Best one imo and many others is Chaos Theory.
Double Agent is apparently a bad PC port (played PS2 ver which was made by the original crew and is quite different).
With Conviction, the problem was they wanted to gain some new fans but thus changed the main element of the game which was full stealth.

PoP goes:
PoP PS2 Generation (3 Games) - Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
PoP (With the girl and you can't "die")
PoP - The Forgotten Sands

I almost got Blacklist and I'm happy they got the full stealth experience back but I'm disappointed Ironside is gone and I can wait for a cheaper price.
---
Gotta love Photon Cannon.
1934-1042-4099
#5SlaynPosted 8/31/2013 2:26:47 AM
Where can you purchase Pandora Tomorrow?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#6MackorovPosted 8/31/2013 2:28:23 AM
Splinter Cell 1 and Pandora Tomorrow are both fine as stealth games and unique for a near non-existant genre back then.
Chaos Theory is by far, like many would say, the best Splinter Cell game with better gameplay elements and graphics.
Double Agent is fine. I've played it around 75% near completion and it was more than decent. Don't know what all the mixed reception is for this game but they tried well in incorporating new environments into the game series. Instead of just sneaking through same old dark corridors, some levels takes place in the winter artic and such.

Conviction was the only SC game I had problems with. After playing all the previous SC games you will realize how crap and dumbed down the stealth in this game is, along with the overpowered Mark and Execute ability. Most levels will throw dozens of enemies at you at once with little places to hide, making a stealthy approach much harder and forcing you to kill everyone in your path, sneaky or not.
#7jakisthePosted 8/31/2013 3:07:25 AM
Blacklist, to me, is about equal to CT. Better gadgets and level design, IMO, but I REALLY miss stuff like hacking, interrogating, and lock picking.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#8Madmicky933Posted 8/31/2013 3:31:47 AM
jakisthe posted...
Blacklist, to me, is about equal to CT. Better gadgets and level design, IMO, but I REALLY miss stuff like hacking, interrogating, and lock picking.

This. I agree.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..