This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is gamersgate reliable?

#11RogueStrikerPosted 8/31/2013 2:08:28 AM
I never liked them since the Christmas/Bethesda fiasco.
---
Gotta love Photon Cannon.
1934-1042-4099
#12SleepComaPosted 8/31/2013 2:11:40 AM
RogueStriker posted...

What did they do?
---
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 Ghz | Ripjaws 16gb | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Gigabyte Z87x |
Steam Viridis Emporos
#13rareware101Posted 8/31/2013 3:45:44 AM(edited)
FaPaThY posted...
GG was started by Paradox Interactive. While it's a separate company now, it's still legit. At the very least, a hell of a lot more legit than sites that sell keys you need a VPN to activate. $20 or less for that POS game doesn't surprise me.

As long as they aren't making some pricing error or something, the keys are usually instant. It took like a month to get all my keys for that $29 Bethesda bundle, but it was instant for a few other things I bought there before that.

If you think a business awarded best start up by Lloyds TSB last year and that allows you to buy perfectly legit game codes from cheaper parts of the world is dodgy well... enjoy paying more for the same games is all I can say. I consider it no different that buying stuff from PlayAsia for example. Plus they sell the EU version for 1 less anyway if people are that bothered.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#14aaalocoPosted 8/31/2013 3:47:59 AM
Yup, they have good sales every now and then.
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon B/W Boards Clan
#15kickthegnome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:02:51 AM
kingking posted...
It's cheaper on uk site. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-RE6/resident-evil-6
Even cheaper after 20% discount for some people.

Is there anything different between the uk site's version and the u.s. version? Like would it still work on my steam account and everything?

Also Idk why but everytime I tried to buy the game last night my card wouldn't take. When i went through paypal I got "internal server error: 000081"

Paypal said try the next day....well i went to try it and my account is deactivated.

For trying to be a new customers...I'm not to happy.
#16GarhinderPosted 8/31/2013 7:06:11 AM
SleepComa posted...
RogueStriker posted...

What did they do?

I started to buy from them since that. Got my Dishonored very cheap :P
#17ShpooplePosted 8/31/2013 7:22:40 AM
kickthegnome posted...
kingking posted...

Is there anything different between the uk site's version and the u.s. version? Like would it still work on my steam account and everything?

Also Idk why but everytime I tried to buy the game last night my card wouldn't take. When i went through paypal I got "internal server error: 000081"

Paypal said try the next day....well i went to try it and my account is deactivated.

Well it sounds like you made a new account with an american credit card, then immediately tried to use this to buy things on a UK server. I'd imagine a business like Paypal would stop things like that from happening by deactivating the account, because that is pretty much what a criminal does when they steal credit card info; sell to foreign parties who then use it to buy stuff.

I think someone on here had a similar problem with a previous Humble Bundle, in their case it was UK to US. They contacted them and sorted it right out.
#18kickthegnome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:29:46 AM(edited)
Shpoople posted...
kickthegnome posted...
kingking posted...

Well it sounds like you made a new account with an american credit card, then immediately tried to use this to buy things on a UK server. I'd imagine a business like Paypal would stop things like that from happening by deactivating the account, because that is pretty much what a criminal does when they steal credit card info; sell to foreign parties who then use it to buy stuff.

I think someone on here had a similar problem with a previous Humble Bundle, in their case it was UK to US. They contacted them and sorted it right out.

No my gamersgate account is deactivated not my paypal account.

And I've had this paypal account for awhile. Typically use it for ebay and gog.com (Because my card won't take through the website of gog.com)

Everything with paypal is fine (heck when they said try the next day that was aftering spending 30 minutes on the phone with them).

Every issue I've had has been with gamersgate. My card not taking, my paypal not taking, my account being deactivated so I can't even try again this morning. And with no really customer service I'm stuck waiting until a ticket goes through. At this point the trouble almost isn't worth it.
#19RogueStrikerPosted 8/31/2013 11:09:40 AM
SleepComa posted...
RogueStriker posted...

What did they do?

1. They kept taking orders even though they didn't have enough keys.
2. Said they'd honor the deals.
3. Deleted that message and changed it to oh we'll give you an extra 20% off for the year and some blue coins (I know that's good but I don't care about these things).
4. Refunded the money but also refunded it to some people who already got the keys from the bundle.
5. Soon after had the Borderlands 2 fiasco and multiple games with pricing errors.

Thus, I'm not annoyed I didn't get the deal. I'm more annoyed that they backpedaled from their message and tried to hide it.
---
Gotta love Photon Cannon.
1934-1042-4099