This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Difference between Origin and Steam?

#11Kamek_the_GreatPosted 8/30/2013 10:48:37 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Origin is tied to that company that has won the"Worst Company in America" award the last 2 years in a row.

Wait, you're actually taking that tournament seriously?
---
http://static.freepik.com/free-photo/happy-time_21095867.jpg
#12mizukage2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 10:50:21 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Origin is tied to that company that has won the"Worst Company in America" award the last 2 years in a row. It's also the company that just made a public statement that "we don't offer single player experiences."

I don't really want to give them any of my money.

Yeah, all it being voted worst company in America tells me is that angry self-centered nerds flooded the poll. There are companies in America that sell products that kill their customers (cigarette companies) and companies that are behind oil spills and ****. EA isn't even a blip on the radar compared to those guys, all they do is try to squeeze customers for extra money.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#13steveboblarryPosted 8/30/2013 10:51:11 PM
Kamek_the_Great posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Origin is tied to that company that has won the"Worst Company in America" award the last 2 years in a row.

Lol this. EA did not deserve worst company in america. Worst gaming company but, saying its the worst company in america is just a farce.
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#14DARQ MXPosted 8/30/2013 11:24:51 PM
Steam is better...

besides the crappy ass support... It is really horrible. Like it can take weeks to hear back from Steam and sometimes you get an automated response everyone else does. I didn't have accident to one of my emails and I couldn't use team for 10 days... yes, It took them 10 days to get back to me...

but in Steam, you have a better ui, better selection, better layout, better options for games, organized, has that "Gamer" feel to it, Actually utilizes and can see controller use. Also every game has their own "page" of sorts that gives, dlc, lots of info and trailers of each said game.... Origin doesn't do all that.

So they win in that area per se...

but since EA is a bigger company and they are really dying to grab all steam fans away, I am sure the support is 100x better lol
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#15AskeladdPosted 8/31/2013 1:12:01 AM
I only have contacted Steam support once, but they got back to me that day and refunded the game I had accidentally purchased.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#16AsucaHayashiPosted 8/31/2013 1:32:40 AM
if only they could make steam's client smoother.

it feels so horribly sluggish in comparison to origin and it takes ages to navigate.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#17RequiemPosted 8/31/2013 1:37:15 AM
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Lol this. EA did not deserve worst company in america. Worst gaming company but, saying its the worst company in america is just a farce.

Especially since one of the year was that of the Gulf oil spill. Remember that? Yeah... somehow, a video game company was worse than a corporation that destroyed the entire Gulf ecosystem and ravaged the regional economy.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#18DARQ MXPosted 8/31/2013 9:27:26 AM
Requiem posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Especially since one of the year was that of the Gulf oil spill. Remember that? Yeah... somehow, a video game company was worse than a corporation that destroyed the entire Gulf ecosystem and ravaged the regional economy.

Its okay it was in hindsight! lol
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#19ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/31/2013 9:29:44 AM
mizukage2 posted...
Yeah, all it being voted worst company in America tells me is that angry self-centered nerds flooded the poll. There are companies in America that sell products that kill their customers (cigarette companies) and companies that are behind oil spills and ****. EA isn't even a blip on the radar compared to those guys, all they do is try to squeeze customers for extra money.

Calm down, neckbeard.

The whole point of voting for EA in that poll was because they were the only ones to take it seriously. You're fooling yourself if you think a bank or whatever would have even responded to it.
#20DiviDudePosted 8/31/2013 9:30:04 AM
By the way, the "Origin is spyware" thing is a zombie myth, one that just won't die - that is, it's been clearly discredited but people keep repeating it over and over again.