This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Difference between Origin and Steam?

#21steveboblarryPosted 8/31/2013 8:34:38 AM
DiviDude posted...
By the way, the "Origin is spyware" thing is a zombie myth, one that just won't die - that is, it's been clearly discredited but people keep repeating it over and over again.

IT IS SPYWARE MAN

LA LI LU LE LO LIVES ON
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#22ShadowThaReaperPosted 8/31/2013 8:41:55 AM
steveboblarry posted...
Lol this. EA did not deserve worst company in america. Worst gaming company but, saying its the worst company in america is just a farce.

Requiem posted...
Especially since one of the year was that of the Gulf oil spill. Remember that? Yeah... somehow, a video game company was worse than a corporation that destroyed the entire Gulf ecosystem and ravaged the regional economy.

I think it's amazing that people are still getting trolled by an old online poll that was brigaded by 4chan.

Gamers really are the dumbest people ever.
#23paramite12Posted 8/31/2013 8:43:03 AM
Steam has a better layout, larger selection of games, built in mod support for certain games, more detailed information on games in the properties like how much space it's taking up, access to the forums on almost every game from it's page, has a crapload of sales.
Origin has exclusive games that EA makes...
I don't hate origin or anything, but I'd be happier if it didn't exist so I wouldn't have to have two programs to access all my games.
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#24TropicMoon10Posted 8/31/2013 8:45:30 AM
paramite12 posted...
Steam has a better layout, larger selection of games, built in mod support for certain games, more detailed information on games in the properties like how much space it's taking up, access to the forums on almost every game from it's page, has a crapload of sales.
Origin has exclusive games that EA makes...
I don't hate origin or anything, but I'd be happier if it didn't exist so I wouldn't have to have two programs to access all my games.

This.

It's like buying Nintendo's hardware: only useful for the exclusives.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#25ForeverZero2Posted 8/31/2013 9:29:27 AM
EA makes great games sure but they also ruined a lot of games but rushing development to make a quick buck.
can't remember anything in specific since i havent played anything from them recently, development histories and gaming news are forgettable as it gets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_arts#Criticism
wikipedia can explain stuff far better than i ever could anyway
#26ForeverZero2Posted 8/31/2013 9:31:22 AM
ForeverZero2 posted...
EA makes great games sure but they also ruined a lot of games BY rushing development to make a quick buck.

now thats better
#27TiamatKillerPosted 8/31/2013 10:07:34 AM
DerPancake posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Origin is tied to that company that has won the"Worst Company in America" award the last 2 years in a row. It's also the company that just made a public statement that "we don't offer single player experiences."

I don't really want to give them any of my money.

Because they are jealous. Honestly I don't see why anyone hates EA. I been playing FIFA over many years, and they support it every week for free. They update the rosters, stats, give you weekly challenges, and they have a really good customer support, yet for some reason EA gets hated.

One game of many is an accurate representation of the game library and company as a whole, amirite?
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @900MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#28DiviDudePosted 8/31/2013 10:38:03 AM
TiamatKiller posted...
DerPancake posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Origin is tied to that company that has won the"Worst Company in America" award the last 2 years in a row. It's also the company that just made a public statement that "we don't offer single player experiences."

Because they are jealous. Honestly I don't see why anyone hates EA. I been playing FIFA over many years, and they support it every week for free. They update the rosters, stats, give you weekly challenges, and they have a really good customer support, yet for some reason EA gets hated.

One game of many is an accurate representation of the game library and company as a whole, amirite?

To be fair, it only takes one bad example for people to flip their s*** at EA.
#29steveboblarryPosted 8/31/2013 11:14:36 AM
DiviDude posted...
TiamatKiller posted...
DerPancake posted...
Nicodimus posted...

To be fair, it only takes one bad example for people to flip their s*** at EA.

Or multiple derp
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#30NemerlightPosted 8/31/2013 11:44:41 AM
DerPancake posted...
Nicodimus posted...

FIFA is the only good thing about EA in the last decade.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.