This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finally got my 1440p monitor

#1datopgamerPosted 8/31/2013 2:07:34 AM
I ordered a 1400p monitor from Monoprice 2 weeks ago and got one last week. Sadly the first monitor was cracked so I had to RMA it. They were great with their customer service and sent me a replacement monitor. They also gave me a return label for the broken monitor to send to them after I received the new monitor. Got the new monitor yesterday and it was perfect. No dead pixels as far as I can see nor is there any noticeable backlight bleed. I might end up getting another one or two in the future whenever I decide to upgrade my gfx cards.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#2SlaynPosted 8/31/2013 2:21:15 AM
I just made the switch from a 37" 1080p TV to a 27" 1440p monitor, I love it. The monitor is a little bit closer, so the field of vision is exactly the same. The quality difference is enormous. Not just the higher resolution, but the pixel density is obviously much higher, plus the colors look so good, especially with the glossy. Games are so sweet in 1440 resolution. I have 2 GTX660's, right now and it is currently fine, but I have a feeling that I will need to upgrade in the next year or two if I want to maximize my FPS. So far I have not tried overclocking to 120hz, but that would be very nice.

I only have one dead pixel and I cannot even see it unless I put my face in the monitor up close. It is in the top right corner. Very happy with my purchase. I got mine on ebay. The only other issue is that the screen is kind of sunk down about 1cm in the bezel, I need to figure out a way to fix that. Also the speakers are terrible. For $280 though, I am happy with how it turned out.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#3datopgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 3:53:48 AM
Slayn posted...
I just made the switch from a 37" 1080p TV to a 27" 1440p monitor, I love it. The monitor is a little bit closer, so the field of vision is exactly the same. The quality difference is enormous. Not just the higher resolution, but the pixel density is obviously much higher, plus the colors look so good, especially with the glossy. Games are so sweet in 1440 resolution. I have 2 GTX660's, right now and it is currently fine, but I have a feeling that I will need to upgrade in the next year or two if I want to maximize my FPS. So far I have not tried overclocking to 120hz, but that would be very nice.

I only have one dead pixel and I cannot even see it unless I put my face in the monitor up close. It is in the top right corner. Very happy with my purchase. I got mine on ebay. The only other issue is that the screen is kind of sunk down about 1cm in the bezel, I need to figure out a way to fix that. Also the speakers are terrible. For $280 though, I am happy with how it turned out.

I've been hearing good things about those Korean monitors, but I couldn't bring myself to buy from them since if there was a problem it would be kinda a hassle to send it back. That's why I paid a bit more for a monoprice one. Even so, $390 is a small price to pay for a monitor this nice. Games look amazing on this monitor, so far I've only tried Final Fantasy 14 and Borderlands 2 but they looked great.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#4Dollarman_2005Posted 8/31/2013 5:34:59 AM
I have a Qnix 2710 on the way, should be here Tuesday.

I didn't know about the monoprice one until after I had already ordered mine, so I'm a little bit skeptical of the Korean monitors but whatever, 300 for a 1440p PLS and panel that's able to OC to 120 hz is worth the risk. I'm very excited.
#5cuteboi100Posted 8/31/2013 5:41:10 AM(edited)
Bought a Qnix LED Evolution II Matte for $289 US shipped that came 2 days ago from AccessoriesWhole who guranteed less than 3 dead pixels, I can't find a single dead pixel.

Little bit of backlight bleed. But it's still worth the nice image you get from the monitor.

In terms of Samsung PLS panel in the Qnix vs the Apple Cinema Display panel in the Shimian, the Samsung panel is better, has better colours and I trust Samsung as a company much more, especially in screens, they know what they're doing with screens.

The stand is a bit wobbly, but I fixed that by putting some books under either side of the monitor. You could always get VESA mount. My monitor's stand is certainly not as wobbly as the Shimian, and some Shimians are even sloped from the get go.

The actual panel is not settled perfectly in the frame, the panel slopes about 1/8 inch on the right side in the case.

It's a great deal for the price for sure though and I'm very happy with my monitor. I would recommend the model I got because it's $100 cheaper and is superior.

Edit: Forgot to say that I, living in Canada, had to pay $30 duties + $10 Fedex fee ( C.O.D I think) on a item that had a $200 US declared value. US has free trade with Korea so maybe you won't have to.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#6datopgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 1:55:45 PM
cuteboi100 posted...
Bought a Qnix LED Evolution II Matte for $289 US shipped that came 2 days ago from AccessoriesWhole who guranteed less than 3 dead pixels, I can't find a single dead pixel.

Little bit of backlight bleed. But it's still worth the nice image you get from the monitor.

In terms of Samsung PLS panel in the Qnix vs the Apple Cinema Display panel in the Shimian, the Samsung panel is better, has better colours and I trust Samsung as a company much more, especially in screens, they know what they're doing with screens.

The stand is a bit wobbly, but I fixed that by putting some books under either side of the monitor. You could always get VESA mount. My monitor's stand is certainly not as wobbly as the Shimian, and some Shimians are even sloped from the get go.

The actual panel is not settled perfectly in the frame, the panel slopes about 1/8 inch on the right side in the case.

It's a great deal for the price for sure though and I'm very happy with my monitor. I would recommend the model I got because it's $100 cheaper and is superior.

Edit: Forgot to say that I, living in Canada, had to pay $30 duties + $10 Fedex fee ( C.O.D I think) on a item that had a $200 US declared value. US has free trade with Korea so maybe you won't have to.

I was skeptical about the stand on the monoprice one after reading reviews, but once I got everything connected the stand is pretty sturdy. I don't notice any shaking on it and can tilt it pretty effortlessly contrary to what some reviewers stated about it. So far haven't noticed any ghosting in games but haven't tried any online games yet except ffxiv.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#7greenyoshi46Posted 8/31/2013 3:17:04 PM
1600p is better
---
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)
#8datopgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 3:29:04 PM
Except not all games properly support 16:10
---
Posted using GameFlux
#9overkillwfo1978Posted 8/31/2013 3:53:43 PM
I really wish they would come out with a 55-65" HDTV that is 1440p. I've switched to gaming on my living room 55" LED and can't go back to small 27" monitors and desktop gaming is just not very appealing at all to me anymore. All of that extra detail would be amazing on a big screen and unlike 4k tvs you wouldn't need a $2-3k computer to run games at that resolution.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#10daemon_danPosted 8/31/2013 4:02:58 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I really wish they would come out with a 55-65" HDTV that is 1440p. I've switched to gaming on my living room 55" LED and can't go back to small 27" monitors and desktop gaming is just not very appealing at all to me anymore. All of that extra detail would be amazing on a big screen and unlike 4k tvs you wouldn't need a $2-3k computer to run games at that resolution.

Lol it would probably take more than that.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."