This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

#1gsf4lyfePosted 8/31/2013 8:28:11 AM
I understand the game has some issues and I will need to get a community patch or something first to get it to work. True?
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#2anonymous46773Posted 8/31/2013 8:29:02 AM
Yup. Go get the unofficial patch. Not only will it fix a lot of bugs, but it will add in some content that was removed before the release.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#3JavelinPosted 8/31/2013 9:18:27 AM
You will need the unofficial patch to save yourself a lot of grief. You may also want to mod the game, at the very least so you can run it in a widescreen resolution. Check out this article for a starting point:

http://www.destructoid.com/weekend-modder-s-guide-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-221295.phtml
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#4BMXJousterPosted 8/31/2013 9:34:31 AM
gsf4lyfe posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

As for the patches I would definitely recommend the unofficial patch by Wesp. The only thing I don't recommend, at least from a gameplay standpoint, is playing a Malkavian character the first time around. Not because they're bad (quite the opposite, they're my favorite clan), but because it's more fun to see how much different they are from regular clans on a subsequent playthrough.
---
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."
#5gsf4lyfe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 10:41:14 AM
BMXJouster posted...
gsf4lyfe posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

As for the patches I would definitely recommend the unofficial patch by Wesp. The only thing I don't recommend, at least from a gameplay standpoint, is playing a Malkavian character the first time around. Not because they're bad (quite the opposite, they're my favorite clan), but because it's more fun to see how much different they are from regular clans on a subsequent playthrough.

Are the Malkavians the ones who spend most of the time in the sewers?
---
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#6ElDudorinoPosted 8/31/2013 11:08:47 AM
Nope, that's Nosferatu. The Malkavians look like everybody else but are bat**** crazy.

I played a Malkavian on my first game and I loved it. They're overpowered since they have Obfuscation like the Nosferatu but without the freaky face, and they make the game funnier and awesomer. I later played a Brujah and thought the game was a bit less entertaining due to my dude being too sane, so maybe some people prefer saving the best for last, but if you aren't going to play through the game multiple times it maybe isn't necessary.
#7BMXJousterPosted 8/31/2013 11:08:30 PM
gsf4lyfe posted...
Are the Malkavians the ones who spend most of the time in the sewers?

No, like someone else said Nosferatu are the deformed clan that requires you to travel by sewer at times.

Malkavians are the crazy clan. Their speech is different from everyone else's and they can even sort of read people's minds. The reason I say to wait on playing as them, though, is their dialogue can sometimes spoil certain aspects of the story. Nothing major, but still worth noting. Plus it might be easier to understand their speech options if you've already played through once as a more normal clan.

But like I said Malkavians are my favorite clan (I think they're the best, bar none). But I wouldn't recommend them as your first clan unless you only plan on playing through once (which would be a tragedy since it's got such great replay value). The easiest first clans would probably be either Brujah, Toreador or Ventrue. But really they're all fun to use in their own ways.
---
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."
#8akuma634Posted 9/1/2013 5:11:16 AM
Everybody says not to play a Malkavian first but I call bs. I tried as a Bruja but it felt a bit generic, they're just general s*** kickers. I rerolled as a Malkavian and instantly I got hooked on the game. It feels like you're playing as Deadpool because of all the insane crap that you say and every vampire clan really doesn't enjoy talking to you because they have to spend all day trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about. Embrace the crazy.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#9ElDudorinoPosted 9/1/2013 5:58:12 AM
akuma634 posted...
Everybody says not to play a Malkavian first but I call bs. I tried as a Bruja but it felt a bit generic, they're just general s*** kickers. I rerolled as a Malkavian and instantly I got hooked on the game. It feels like you're playing as Deadpool because of all the insane crap that you say and every vampire clan really doesn't enjoy talking to you because they have to spend all day trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about. Embrace the crazy.

Also, you get into arguments with stop signs and the TV talks to you and tells you jokes.