This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friendly PSA to people to not buy Colonial Marines.

#11crawdadPosted 8/31/2013 11:34:30 AM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/50225/gearbox-didnt-actually-develop-aliens-colonial-marines-claims-timegate-source/

Pretty interesting read about this game actually. it seems everyone's pointing the fingers, and only people on the inside know who's really responsible.

I think the fact that development coincided with Borderlands 2 isn't surprising if they moved their resources over to that game instead. Especially if other Teams were working on A:CM too. But it sounds like a lack of Cohesion is the real culprit, while Gearbox was busy working on their AAA title to allocate sources to a game and publisher they normally wouldn't have been developing.

On the flip side, What the hell was QC doing that whole time? PLaying borderlands while they just shrugged off A:CM.

Either way A LOT of people screwed up on that game but it's hard to blame just one person or even team without knowing all the facts.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#12JavelinPosted 8/31/2013 11:42:37 AM
Deathx113 posted...
I paid $60 for the 360 version and I was not disappointed

This demonstrates just how low peasant standards are.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#13Deathx113Posted 8/31/2013 12:32:30 PM
Javelin posted...
Deathx113 posted...

Actually it proves how nice it is to have friends.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#14sonicteam2k1Posted 8/31/2013 12:33:20 PM
I picked it up for $20 a short while after release. Pretty fun IMO
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#15SleepComaPosted 8/31/2013 12:38:35 PM
Deathx113 posted...
Javelin posted...
Deathx113 posted...

No I'm sorry but you have to be the only one that paid full price for that garbage.
---
i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 Ghz | Ripjaws 16gb | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Gigabyte Z87x |
Steam Viridis Emporos
#16TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 8/31/2013 12:57:49 PM(edited)
Deathx113 posted...
Javelin posted...
Deathx113 posted...

And how some people can still have fun.

I sold my 360 a while ago and became a PC-only gamer, but over the summer I played Aliens: Colonial Marines with a few friends on their 360 crowded around a small CRT TV. Despite this and hearing about how the game sucked, we all had fun.

I wouldn't have payed $60 for it, though. I very rarely pay $60 for games I'm really interested in, anyway. I think $20 for A:CM would have been fine. However, I still think that too many people on this board take gaming way too seriously. It seems like many people play games just to find things to complain about, and only a select few games satisfy them anymore.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#17ein311Posted 8/31/2013 12:43:22 PM
I bought it at launch (lol) because my roommate, a HUGE Alien fan, convinced me and my two other roommates to play co-op with him.

We did about half of the missions and played some multiplayer. Not worth $60. The game's absolute garbage. And even my roommate, as big of an Alien fan as he is, said the game was disappointing and only played through the campaign because, "Dammit, I paid full price for this game and I'm going to play the f***ing thing."
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#18Deathx113Posted 8/31/2013 1:33:07 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Javelin posted...
Deathx113 posted...

And how some people can still have fun.

I sold my 360 a while ago and became a PC-only gamer, but over the summer I played Aliens: Colonial Marines with a few friends on their 360 crowded around a small CRT TV. Despite this and hearing about how the game sucked, we all had fun.

I wouldn't have payed $60 for it, though. I very rarely pay $60 for games I'm really interested in, anyway. I think $20 for A:CM would have been fine. However, I still think that too many people on this board take gaming way too seriously. It seems like many people play games just to find things to complain about, and only a select few games satisfy them anymore.

^ This too.

I could have fun playing an old N64 with friends or kicking a can or w/e.

Aliens was a meh game but with friends the multi is pretty good.
---
#19Deathx113Posted 8/31/2013 1:34:37 PM
SleepComa posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Javelin posted...
Deathx113 posted...

No I'm sorry but you have to be the only one that paid full price for that garbage.

Me and 2 other people, we all partied our way through the game.

I'm NOT saying it is a great or even good game, but the multi is certainly unique and a decent time waster.
---
#20biohazard1775Posted 8/31/2013 2:26:29 PM
Buy Natural Selection 2 instead if you want humans vs alien swarm.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!