This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any beat 'em up/hack n slash games with a good use of slomo/'bullet' time?

#1PhilOnDezPosted 8/31/2013 2:59:17 PM
Seems like a really cool idea but I've never really seen one exactly like what I'm picturing in my head. Arkham Asylum is a pretty good example of what I'm thinking gameplay wise, though I'd want combat to be a bit more involved without devolving into QTEs: The Game.

I watched some gameplay of Metal Gear Rising last night and it looked a lot like what I'm thinking I want but I haven't actually played it so I don't know what it feels like, though everyone I've talked to and everything I watched said it "just feels right" so I have pretty high hopes for it. I'm kinda wanting to hold off though since there was a lot of talk for a PC version a while back.

Not looking for anything groundbreaking story-wise and I don't mind guns being an option so long as that isn't the main focus. Just some cool-looking power-trip fun for whatever console, I have everything aside from a wii u and 3DS. Gonna grab Rising most likely if a Steam game isn't suggested shortly though, I can always pick up the pc version later if it ends up being a huge improvement.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#2xBrokenxHaloxPosted 8/31/2013 3:09:51 PM
Sleeping Dogs
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#3PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 3:40:33 PM
Sleeping Dogs looks pretty cool actually, I'd pretty much completely written it off before as something I had no interest in. Doesn't look to have quite the power rush of Rising though.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#4LazyyAmericanPosted 8/31/2013 4:46:29 PM
Pretty sure it was confirmed that Rising was gonna come to PC....but the PC market is snooze worthy compared to the soccer mom 10 year old combination at your local gamestop picking it up for insert whichever console you prefer so it'll come when they're good and ready to give a **** about it.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#5PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:53:10 PM
I picked up Rising, it's really cool so far. A bit on the difficult side but I guess that's what I was asking for.
---
#6crimsonclaw111Posted 9/1/2013 12:04:31 AM
Not many of those on PC...

Bayonetta
MGRising
Vanquish

AKA PlatinumGames.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#7ZeraphLordSPosted 9/1/2013 12:14:35 AM
DMC3 has Quicksilver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUMQkg5ZE2k

and DMC4 has a level with timeslow devices throughout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hjsuGB3S92Q#t=338
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#8thatauthorPosted 9/1/2013 12:15:22 AM
What about warhammer 40k and if you have a PS3/X360, dead to rights: retribution?
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#9gastamanPosted 9/1/2013 7:02:55 AM
Remember Me
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#10PhilOnDez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 5:04:34 PM
thatauthor posted...
What about warhammer 40k and if you have a PS3/X360, dead to rights: retribution?

Which 40k game are you talking about right here? I have a physical copy of Space Marine but I haven't registered/installed it yet. I did play the demo on PS3 though and it just seemed like a shooter, the melee didn't feel too fleshed out though I didn't really mess with it.
---