This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will a DVI-HDMI adapter affect the quality in any way?

#11OmegaDL50Posted 8/31/2013 4:29:38 PM(edited)
I hope you aren't one of those people that falls for the "Monster Cable" marketing nonsense.

A copper wire is still a copper wire no matter what brandname is slapped on it. Especially in regards to a Digital signal (DVI) to a Digital signal (HDMI)

Monoprice cables are more then sufficient.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#12daemon_danPosted 8/31/2013 4:32:53 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
I hope you aren't one of those people that falls for the "Monster Cable" marketing nonsense.

A copper wire is still a copper wire no matter what brandname is slapped on it. Especially in regards to a Digital signal (DVI) to a Digital signal (HDMI)

Monoprice cables are more then sufficient.

Did you know that the quality of copper varies? And cheap cables will often die faster? Sure, there will be no signal loss, but there is a REASON why it's cheap
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#13OmegaDL50Posted 8/31/2013 5:02:42 PM
Well that all depends if there is a mesh / protective covering. Most cables degrade overtime due to the oxidation, which far beyond the typical usage one gets out of these cables.

Nearly all of my cables are purchased from Monoprice and have no issue, some of them purchased as far back as 2007 and still work just as good as the day I bought them. I'd generally stick to the cables with Furrite Cores which reduce most magnetic interference.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#14LordSeiferPosted 8/31/2013 5:08:24 PM
oh no my 3 dollar cable might die sooner than a 40 dollar cable.
---
^ this