This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it weird that I'm bored of video games?

#1StormKMDPosted 8/31/2013 3:55:56 PM
Lately it's just been like...what do I want to play? And I go through the list. Nope. Nah. *opens one* *closes it a few mins later*. Games don't hold my attention like they used to. I'm 17, been playing video games for a good long while now, but it's just not like it was. I don't get it. I play everyday, and it's mostly Counter Strike now.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#2cuteboi100Posted 8/31/2013 3:57:38 PM
I'm 17 now and sometimes I feel just like what you are describing. You need a party of people to play the same game with you.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#3cody4783Posted 8/31/2013 3:57:41 PM
It's not.

Take a break, try other hobbies...Or if you aren't already, get a full time job and start working. Sounds weird, but I appreciate the time I have to play games SO much more when it's limited to after work than when I could just sit around and play whenever.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#4StormKMD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 4:03:42 PM(edited)
cuteboi100 posted...
I'm 17 now and sometimes I feel just like what you are describing. You need a party of people to play the same game with you.

I know right??!!? Whenever I have buddies over, it's a whole different ballgame!

As for poster #3, I see what you're saying. But even with school, which takes up some of my day (I'm homeschooled so it's not all day), it's still boring. And also I don't have the same passion for games. When I used to game on consoles, the games I played just filled me with passion (Kingdom Hearts, Jak and Daxter, even FPS's, anything really). Anything now is just...boring to me.

Maybe looking into a job would be good for me, especially considering I'm homeschooled, so I have extra time.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#5uhohjonahPosted 8/31/2013 4:04:59 PM
I've been the same lately. I just end up playing Brink or Starhawk.
---
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US
#6daemon_danPosted 8/31/2013 4:08:09 PM
Take a break from gaming, or try some old school games via emulator. I was in a rutt too, but when I started nostalgia gaming, I dove right back into it, and now modern games interest me again.
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#7StormKMD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 4:08:55 PM
So what do you guys do then?
---
#8StormKMD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 4:10:01 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Take a break from gaming, or try some old school games via emulator. I was in a rutt too, but when I started nostalgia gaming, I dove right back into it, and now modern games interest me again.

I've already been through that stage. I used to be a big Nintendo fan a few years back and played all the oldies. Old games don't really interest me anymore.
---
#9daemon_danPosted 8/31/2013 4:11:05 PM
Try Super Mario RPG for the SNES, as well as Chrono Trigger, Star Fox, etc. It's sad you're too young to have played those games when they first released but it might refresh your passion. If that doesn't work, try learning an instrument, writing poetry, building model planes.Skateboarding, skiing, whatever seems like it might be a good time to you
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#10Greendragon854Posted 8/31/2013 4:17:16 PM
Just turned 26, and I've been like that for a couple years now. Have something like a 200 game backlog on steam alone, and I just can't bring myself to play anything. I think star citizen will break that streak when it comes out, hopefully.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie