This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mouse Button 3 not working--and I can't seem to uninstall the drivers.

#1MwulfPosted 8/31/2013 5:04:16 PM
I've got a wireless Logitech 5-button mouse. Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse4, Mouse5 and MouseWheel all function properly, but Mouse3 (clicking the wheel) doesn't register at all.

It was working fine the other day, but then I re-synced it with a different unifying reciever and am now getting the issue, so it being hardware-related seems unlikely.

Looking at similar problems online, the solution seems to be uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers. Thing is, if I unplug the Unifying reciever the drivers vanish from my device manager, and if I leave it plugged in the mouse drivers will automatically re-appear immediately after I uninstall it.

What should I do?
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#2WerdnAndreWPosted 8/31/2013 5:15:13 PM
When you uninstall the drivers from the device manager you can select to delete the drivers.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#3Mwulf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:48:18 PM
Okay... did that to no effect.

Then I managed to find an old laptop to try it out on... and the wheel button didn't work there, either.

So that means it must be a hardware issue, right?

I've been using PCs since MS-DOS and this is the first time in my life I've ever had a mouse button stop working on me.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable