This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kickstarter by Keiji Inafune, Megaman Like game for the PC!

#21chrono625Posted 8/31/2013 11:43:06 PM
So is this what Inafune has been doing the past 2-3 years? Now he has the balls to ask for fundraising to make a MM clone?

Of course it's going to reach it's goal. The thing that bothers me is that it appears the game is near completion so why does he need money now?
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/1/2013 2:16:42 AM
What about it appears "near completion"? The total lack of any actual screenshots, or the incomplete concept character designs?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#23Yusak_williamPosted 9/1/2013 2:50:40 AM
I'm so hyped for this game. I wish I wasn't broke, though.

Anyways, anyone up for dinner with the man himself?
---
I'm also known as GeminiSparkSP
#24BassGSXPosted 9/1/2013 4:39:13 AM
Amazingly, someone devoted $10,000. I wish I had that kind of money to spread around lol.
#25Relentless639Posted 9/1/2013 4:44:22 AM
I got mixed feelings about this.
In one hand, I think these projects with actual veterans have some good chance of turning out great. And I second that notion of giving Capcom a slap in the face.
On the other hand, MM never interested me much outside of the Zero series. The character designs in both this and MM suck, MM is too parodical towards digital stuff and only Zero series was apealing because it was a good slasher game with tight dashing and wall jumping mechanics.
#26apples1671Posted 9/1/2013 4:48:54 AM
BassGSX posted...
Amazingly, someone devoted $10,000. I wish I had that kind of money to spread around lol.

I don't think I've ever seen a big Kickstarter end without at least one guy pledging that much. Strangely, the reward is always a meetup with the devs, usually with dinner.
#27Pale Horseman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 5:58:59 AM
BassGSX posted...

I soon as I saw this, I gave $250. If I had the money I would have ponied up the $10k. I hope this gets the 2.5 million so we can all laugh at Capcom.
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#28AsucaHayashiPosted 9/1/2013 6:21:44 AM
I hope this gets the 2.5 million so we can all laugh at Capcom.

laughing at capcom is great and all but i hope this doesn't reach consoles at all for other reasons.

we've seen too many times when somebody uses the PC as either the only or the last resort and once they get some momentum, will have left it in the dirt for greener pastures and neglect what got them there to begin with... eg. the chinese room and their PC-game-turned-ps4 exclusive successor to dear esther.

if this one becomes too succesful the same will probably happen where they'll revert back to console exclusivity and only go back to PC if it became their last resort yet again.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#29Master_BassPosted 9/1/2013 6:51:25 AM
This might be the first game I actually back.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#30jake-sfPosted 9/1/2013 9:37:16 AM
Relentless639 posted...
I got mixed feelings about this.
In one hand, I think these projects with actual veterans have some good chance of turning out great. And I second that notion of giving Capcom a slap in the face.
On the other hand, MM never interested me much outside of the Zero series. The character designs in both this and MM suck, MM is too parodical towards digital stuff and only Zero series was apealing because it was a good slasher game with tight dashing and wall jumping mechanics.

I loved MMX and Zero. I never enjoyed the original mega man that much.

This makes me wonders what the exact mechanics of this will be.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one wishing those games were all just a tiny bit more "serious". The Zero sides also felt a bit more serious in general, it still had original characters but for the most part didn't feel utterly ridiculous.

Heck, I even wish it didn't go for cartoonish 2D graphics. I kind of hate those. But hey, it should be fun anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/