This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kickstarter by Keiji Inafune, Megaman Like game for the PC!

#31qeoijlijwPosted 9/1/2013 10:08:09 AM
if apple can sue samsung over curved squares
capcom can sure sue the crap out of this blatent knockoff
#32MonkeymagePosted 9/1/2013 10:15:20 AM
qeoijlijw posted...
if apple can sue samsung over curved squares
capcom can sure sue the crap out of this blatent knockoff

In general, the US legal system, especially patent law allows for companies to be far more litigious. I can guarantee you that Capcom did not patent "multiple boss format platforming game with the ability to acquire the boss' powers", and even if they did, they would most likely not pursue legal action.

They have been far more content to **** all over Inafune's creations and the legacy of Mega Man, because that's honestly more of a dick move than suing for money.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#33MonkeymagePosted 9/1/2013 10:16:23 AM
Also I'd just like to point out that there were multiple games that aped Mega Man's style back in the day.

Check out Whomp 'Em, Power Blade, and Shatterhand.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#34MonkeymagePosted 9/1/2013 10:18:02 AM
chrono625 posted...
So is this what Inafune has been doing the past 2-3 years? Now he has the balls to ask for fundraising to make a MM clone?

Of course it's going to reach it's goal. The thing that bothers me is that it appears the game is near completion so why does he need money now?

Apparently solidifying the concept of the game means that they're nearing completion.
---
#35TheWayOfTheGunPosted 9/1/2013 10:43:53 AM
I can't say I'm interested in it tbh but Inafune is the man. Onimusha was such an awesome series and it desperately needs a reboot!
#36lionheart5656Posted 9/1/2013 11:42:19 AM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
I can't say I'm interested in it tbh but Inafune is the man. Onimusha was such an awesome series and it desperately needs a reboot!

Technically, if he gets the support he wants here, he may go to other neglected franchises he once dealt with.

The guy obviously wants to take care of the franchises that Capcom effectively buried and butchered.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#37Pale Horseman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 12:13:00 PM
All I really wanted Capcom to do was give us HD remixes of the Megaman series. I would easily pay $100+ for that. Sadly, I doubt we will ever get a thing since Capcom hates its fans.
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#38BuburibonPosted 9/1/2013 12:40:16 PM
About 600k in one day. That's not bad at all! I reckon the Japanese must be backing this one en masse.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#39DisastersaurusPosted 9/1/2013 1:27:41 PM
At this point, I don't think Capcom would even approve a Megaman LAWSUIT.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Enthusiast of Gamefaqs! Add me on steam for a training partner or teacher! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Durrzerker/
#40Mogu_MoguPosted 9/1/2013 2:10:19 PM
60 dollars in.
I used to play Megaman X like it was a religion. xD
Even today I can still do ~1 hour speedruns without even so much as a worry or missed timing.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.