This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kickstarter by Keiji Inafune, Megaman Like game for the PC!

#41OmegaDL50Posted 9/1/2013 4:24:02 PM
Buburibon posted...
About 600k in one day. That's not bad at all! I reckon the Japanese must be backing this one en masse.

Actually according to the regional information for the kickstarter / kicktraq stuff almost 500,000 of funding so far is from the US, about 40,000 from Canada and smaller portion from Japan.

Of course this is only the second day, I'm sure as this reaches more news outlets more people will catch on and contribute whatever.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#42Relentless639Posted 9/1/2013 4:32:28 PM
Pale Horseman posted...
All I really wanted Capcom to do was give us HD remixes of the Megaman series. I would easily pay $100+ for that. Sadly, I doubt we will ever get a thing since Capcom hates its fans.

"All you had to do was follow the damn hype train, Capcom!"

This KS funding progress alone is enough to show Capcom how wrong they are in neglecting MM and their fans. I don't really care about the blue dude in pajamas, but I am happy the fans are probably getting something they really wanted by someone who knows how to do it.
#43vinnied717Posted 9/1/2013 4:33:38 PM
I've never helped fund a kickstarter yet but this may be the first.
#44vinnied717Posted 9/1/2013 4:45:21 PM
Funded!

$20.

"estimated delivery"

April 2015.

ouch lol.
#45AsellusPosted 9/1/2013 4:52:12 PM
It's just about overtaken Project Phoenix in the space of a day. Kind of surprising.
#46Pale Horseman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 6:20:22 PM
vinnied717 posted...
Funded!

$20.

"estimated delivery"

April 2015.

ouch lol.

Yeah, I know brother... but I am sure it will be worth the wait...
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#47lionheart5656Posted 9/1/2013 7:48:17 PM
Asellus posted...
It's just about overtaken Project Phoenix in the space of a day. Kind of surprising.

Not to me. Everyone knows Inafune is really making a new megaman under a different name. Something Megaman fans have been dying for ever since Capcom made it its mission to **** all over that IP.

No one knows wtf Project Phoenix is really supposed to be. All it has going for it is a really good composer but good music alone does not a good game make. Project Phoenix isn't even a real game, as far as I'm concerned, until they hit that 1 mil stretch goal.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#48JESSE_PlNKMANPosted 9/1/2013 7:55:41 PM
Crowdfunding really was the answer here. Let's be honest, we like Megaman but we don't make up the bulk of game profits. The casual masses do, and for them something like Megaman is probably a big turnoff. This is why Capcom has abandoned the franchise, and honestly we don't want or need some AAA re-design of the series designed to appeal to the modern masses, a la DmC.
#49Treason686Posted 9/1/2013 8:05:34 PM
Dorami posted...
OmegaDL50 posted...
Being similar is not warranted enough to be considered for copyright violation. Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, systems, or methods of doing something.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html - sourced from here.

It isn't using Megaman characters or names or even the licenses. While it may have similar character designs (This is because Inafune does the designs himself and his art style is noticeable in this regard).

There are two problems here:
1. the doctrine of substantial similarity: a test that the court can apply by showing the jury the two works then gauging their reaction (there are other methods. The appropriateness of the method I described is strongly questioned, but it hasn't been overturned).

2. Copyright extends to the rendered display, the underlying object code, and the source code. It's common for software companies to put programmers on projects not exactly the same as their previous ones from other companies, because it is difficult for programmers to avoid reusing parts of the code they used before and liked. This is a project that shares a lot of the staff with Mega Man.

And remember, Capcom doesn't have to win. They just need to present enough of a case to make the project financially unfeasible.

The other question:
Does this coax Capcom into a PC version of Megaman?
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#50lionheart5656Posted 9/1/2013 8:20:07 PM
JESSE_PlNKMAN posted...
Crowdfunding really was the answer here. Let's be honest, we like Megaman but we don't make up the bulk of game profits. The casual masses do, and for them something like Megaman is probably a big turnoff. This is why Capcom has abandoned the franchise, and honestly we don't want or need some AAA re-design of the series designed to appeal to the modern masses, a la DmC.

Actually I'm pretty sure they abandoned the franchise as a **** you to Inafune.

As far as I know, they did not part ways on good terms.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.