This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer freezing

#1DGenerateKanePosted 8/31/2013 8:49:43 PM
So for the last few months the machine I've been using while my main one is out of commission has been freezing on me. I assumed it was the hdd, it was a refurbished WD Raptor from 2004 that I figure was dying. I used a program to check it's health and it gave me a warning, though I can't recall what it was. After finally replacing it with an SSD (fresh windows install) it still freezes on me. The weird thing is, it only freezes once a day, every day (assuming I shut it down at night, if left running overnight it won't freeze again until I've shutdown and turned it back on) except for maybe once or twice where it never froze. So, any idea what it could be?

Specs for reference:

Mobo: Asus M4A79T Deluxe
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
GPU: Nvidia 8400GS (yes it's horrible, no I don't game on it)
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit (8GB total)
PSU: Unknown Antec 550w circa mid 2005
Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Series 240 GB SSD

I wonder if it has anything to do with the PSU. While definitely old, it actually remained unused (factory sealed) until I built this machine in November 2009, so it's not like it has been in use for nearly the decade since it was produced.
---
http://www.360-hq.com/gamercard-DGenerateKane-0-19.png