This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Witcher 2 best RPG of all time?

#61sciensynerPosted 9/1/2013 4:51:08 AM
I always tried to get into non-JRPG, never could, so Witcher 2 best RPG? not a chance in my opinion
#62TimePharaohPosted 9/1/2013 5:03:45 AM
Kattfoder posted...
Dark Souls

Dark Souls

Oh, did i mention Dark Souls? Number 1 rpg, for now..

Witcher 2 along with Skyrim is overrated garbage, i rather pick any old psx rpg , and they're still better than those 2.

But Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls and it's not even top 20?
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#63analogmanPosted 9/1/2013 5:06:41 AM
deus ex.
---
check my quote :DD
#64Yammamoto69Posted 9/1/2013 5:11:51 AM
Kids these days... Nowhere near Planescape: Torment.
#65mewmew42Posted 9/1/2013 5:16:39 AM
Witcher 2 had a nice balance between dark souls and skyrim. The combat mechanics is better than skyrim,but no where as precise as dark souls.

In terms of size skyrim trumps all.

In terms of battle mechanics dark souls is the best

In terms of revolution it goes to dragons dogma,climbing griffins/dragons,whacking nails/ heels are so last century

For fun mindless easy OP there's kingdom of amalur

Each have their strength. A larger/skyrim size witcher/dark souls would be my perfect game

It's wonderful to be a gamer with all these varieties of solid RPG
#66jrb363Posted 9/1/2013 5:19:35 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
"Witcher 2" sure is a weird way to spell Final Fantasy/Elder Scrolls/Phantasy Star/etc.

(Note: All of the above and more are >>>>>>>>> Witcher 2)
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
#67SlaynPosted 9/1/2013 5:26:25 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
I can easily think of over 25 RPGs I enjoyed more than The Witcher 2 off the top of my head.

List 10.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#68Ansem_the_evilPosted 9/1/2013 5:35:13 AM
No modern games can even compare to such masterpieces like crono trigger and FFVI
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
Current AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939
#69HandBananaFTWPosted 9/1/2013 5:57:19 AM(edited)
ArtosRC posted...
Kattfoder posted...
Oh, did i mention Dark Souls? Number 1 rpg, for now..

Witcher 2 along with Skyrim is overrated garbage

Talks of overrated garbage and praises Dark Souls in the same thought. This is why we can't have nice things.

No, I think your way of thinking is why we can't have nice things. Is Dark Souls my number 1 favorite RPG? Absolutely not, it is however, a fantastic game that introduced many modern gamers to a challenging experience and not only paved the way for more developers to make their games more challenging, but Dark Souls (and Demon's Souls especially) also opened the eyes of many gamers to excellent challenging games that they missed in the past. Games such as God Hand, Kings Field, SMT, and Monster Hunter to name a few. Games that didn't really sell that well at release due to their difficult nature, but thanks to Demon's/Dark Souls success, it helped gamers appreciate and discover those hidden gems.

It's one thing to say you're not into the Souls series and that's fine because it's not for everyone, but to be completely ignorant of its positive affect on the state of gaming and gamers alike is just ridiculous.
---
This story is not an end yet.
Because only you are in the infinity loop.
#70Shin_GallonPosted 9/1/2013 6:23:32 AM
Witcher 2 doesn't even crack my top 20 RPGs of all time.