This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name one reason to even consider a "next gen console" when i have a 7990

#1GwynsSonSolairePosted 8/31/2013 10:51:47 PM
All i can think of is Final Fantasy..

-Sony exclusives are IMO bad
-Metal Gear 5 is coming to PC
-Halo 1-3 are coming to PC
-Halo has now gone bad IMO
---
Proud Gamefaqs Shirt Owner
#2AustinHHPosted 8/31/2013 11:02:23 PM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...

First thing's first: If you think Final Fantasy is a reason to own a console then you lack any kind of taste in video gaming and should take up another hobby. Final Fantasy games haven't been good in a decade at least and they get worse on every new release.

Second thing's second: The fact that you believe Sony exclusives are bad is another huge indicator that you're tasteless. Some of the best games to come out this generation were Sony exclusives, and whether you enjoy them or not only an idiot would describe them as "bad." The Last of Us is a great game. The Uncharted games were great games. The Little Big Planet games were great games. Heavy Rain. God of War 3. The Infamous games. Valkyria Chronicles. Metal Gear. I can keep going. I'm not saying they're the greatest games ever made or anything and not everyone's going to like every game, but there's a big difference between "not liking" a game and a game being "bad." These are great games with huge production values made by guys that genuinely love making video games. Naughty Dog in particular really does a good job of infusing their games with the love of their developers.

Third thing is third: Sony exclusives are bad, but the very first Metal Gear game that you don't think is going to be bad is coming to PC.... so that's a plus? How does that make sense? "I don't like Sony Exclusives.... unless it's the 7 or 8th sequel to a story-heavy Sony exclusive franchise and then it's great because it's on PC." That's what you just said.

Fourth thing's Fourth: Oh good, so you like Halo, do you?

Fifth thing's Fifth: MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

You should own both consoles because they'll both play host to some of the greatest games of this coming generation. Each console this gen is going to have games you shouldn't miss. The Wii U will have games you shouldn't miss. If you're planning on just playing on PC for the next 7+ years you're going to be living in a very sad and close-minded world as a gamer. I always feel pity for the gamers that blindly play PC exclusively and refuse to accept that the best games this gen were console exclusives...
#3jessica73Posted 8/31/2013 11:05:26 PM
since when is metal gear a Sony exclusive series.

anyway lol at final fantasy, not worth buying anything for. if you don't want anything on console. don't get it. you can always borrow then from friends if something you want to play comes out anyway
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif
^__^
#4__starsnostarsPosted 8/31/2013 11:08:32 PM
There are a lot of good PlayStation games. I wouldn't include TLOU, Uncharted, and LBP among them.
#5Moose_Of_WoePosted 8/31/2013 11:09:49 PM
Right now? Can't think of one. A Demon's Souls 2 exclusive would be an arm twister, though.
#6OmegaDL50Posted 8/31/2013 11:11:16 PM
You may dislike Sony exclusives, but considering the amount of praise titles like the Gran Turismo, Uncharted, and the fewer obscure titles like Disgaea 4 or 3D Dot Game Heroes get, I wouldn't necessary say they are objectively "bad" games.

Kojima says Metal Gear Solid V on PC “not a priority,” but could appear “sometime”. It's intentionally vague that it could be confirmed or deconfirmed at any time, but I'm am hopeful for a PC release.

Didn't Microsoft debunk the rumor of Halo 3 getting a PC release, even factoring that Steam database rumor. Nothing surfaced from it, especially this is news been circulating since February of 2013.

Then there is the hundreds of other console only exclusive titles that usually aren't released on PC, again there are also tons of PC only exclusives as well, but then again that would be just dredging up an unwanted mess, and there really is no reason to create a Console Vs PC debate, considering a single platform doesn't get every major game release (even if you factor emulation as well)

Consoles are generally only good for console exclusives and there is abundance of them. Just the same I use my PC for everything else. Having options is a good thing. It's a win-win really.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#7GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:11:32 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
Right now? Can't think of one. A Demon's Souls 2 exclusive would be an arm twister, though.

I forgot to mention that, see my username.

That would be the only thing that would make me buy a ps4...

but lets not forget the online fees yay!
---
Proud Gamefaqs Shirt Owner
#8Moose_Of_WoePosted 8/31/2013 11:14:16 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

I forgot to mention that, see my username.

That would be the only thing that would make me buy a ps4...

but lets not forget the online fees yay!

Praise the sun!
*Sees online fee*
I can't take this...
#9daemon_danPosted 8/31/2013 11:22:00 PM
This is the PC board. If you want to be sold on the systems, go to the Xbone and PS4 boards
---
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."
#10kobalobasileusPosted 8/31/2013 11:24:13 PM

Square Enix exclusives have been REALLY bad for the entire 7th Generation. They won't be getting any better for the foreseeable future, considering:

Dragon Quest 10 is a for-pay MMO.
Final Fantasy 15 is actually Final Fantasy vs 13.

Final Fantasy 16 still has a chance to save them, as does whatever they might to with Dragon Quest 11. But those are both complete unknowns. Their known 8th Gen releases don't inspire confidence.

I have a WiiU for Nintendo exclusives and an Ouya for Android exclusives. Both of them are collecting dust right now, as neither platform is looking spectacular this soon after launch. I'd consider a PS4 (but will not even think about touching an Xbone), but I'm not seeing anything in the way of exclusives that makes it seem worthwhile.