This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name one reason to even consider a "next gen console" when i have a 7990

#11DoramiPosted 8/31/2013 11:24:37 PM
I can think of a lot of reasons, actually.

The Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Sonic Lost World
X
Smash Brothers U
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#12TheFeshPincePosted 8/31/2013 11:32:04 PM
nice gpu... also, don't listen to Austin... ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#13Moose_Of_WoePosted 8/31/2013 11:35:19 PM(edited)
kobalobasileus posted...
Square Enix exclusives have been REALLY bad for the entire 7th Generation. They won't be getting any better for the foreseeable future...

My greatest gaming fear is they'll revive the Chrono series. Then proceed to bastardize the hell out of it.

kobalobasileus posted...
I have a WiiU for Nintendo exclusives and an Ouya for Android exclusives. Both of them are collecting dust right now....

After using my Wii as a glorified emulator of old games, and using it pretty much only for Pikmin 2 and Brawl, I learned my lesson on that one.

The Wii U has Pikmin 3 and, eventually, Smash U/Zelda/Mario/Metroid(?) and that's it. ~5 games worth playing in the forseeable future. Not interested. Let alone the fact the console has, what, 2GB/Ram with 1 reserved for system functions. That's terrible. The online implementation, while free, is terrible like its predecessor.
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/1/2013 12:20:40 AM
Well, the bad thing about the 7990 is, it's a Crossfire card and in a couple years you'll not get support for it as you do today. Hell, in a few months AMD will roll out their new 9xxx series and focus support and driver optimization for those cards.

Other words, the next generation consoles will be supported far longer than the 7990 will. Without proper support you're basically going to be running a 7970 without optimized drivers.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#15InterfusorPosted 9/1/2013 1:37:05 AM
Kirby!
---
I am not economically viable.
#16PathlessBulletPosted 9/1/2013 1:40:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Well, the bad thing about the 7990 is, it's a Crossfire card and in a couple years you'll not get support for it as you do today. Hell, in a few months AMD will roll out their new 9xxx series and focus support and driver optimization for those cards.

That's not the way it works...
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#17SenkoyPosted 9/1/2013 1:48:46 AM
If you don't care for console exclusives then there is no reason to get one. I for one rather enjoy a lot of those exclusives.

And I also have hope that FF15 can be good. It's being directed by the guy who made KH. The combat system is supposed to be real time and the game is supposed to be more openened. How much I don't know, but it shouldn't be like FF13's corridors.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#18LightbornePosted 9/1/2013 3:09:58 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
All i can think of is Final Fantasy..

-Sony exclusives are IMO bad
-Metal Gear 5 is coming to PC
-Halo 1-3 are coming to PC
-Halo has now gone bad IMO

Infamous, sly Cooper, beyond two souls, destiny, lots of indie ex
lusives for psn, I can list mote and more from.sony if you'd like. Theres no place for fanboyism in the gaming universe its immature and illogical either your a gamer or not.

Your just trolling..
#19GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 3:12:36 AM
Lightborne posted...

lusives for psn, I can list mote and more from.sony if you'd like. Theres no place for fanboyism in the gaming universe its immature and illogical either your a gamer or not.

Your just trolling..

All those games you listed are unappealing to me, and inde games work better on pc
---
Proud Gamefaqs Shirt Owner
#20LightbornePosted 9/1/2013 3:25:51 AM
Lightborne posted...

Your just trolling..

All those games you listed are unappealing to me, and inde games work better on pc

Well that's nice and again pc.doesn't get all the indies that psn does anyways appealing or not those upcoming games are going to be good and from previous games in these series where all well made.