This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name one reason to even consider a "next gen console" when i have a 7990

#21SenkoyPosted 9/1/2013 4:23:22 AM
This guy is clearly trolling. It's obvious what the reason to get a console is, and that's for the exclusives. If you don't like those games, then you wouldn't make this thread for any other reason than to troll.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#22godplaysSNESPosted 9/1/2013 4:50:21 AM
Nintendo's consoles and handhelds are the only devices you need to have if you have a PC

Sony has plenty of exclusives too however
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#23Flaktrooper123Posted 9/1/2013 5:17:03 AM
Just see their exclusives, watch the gameplay videos on youtube then decide whether you like them or not. If you think you don't want any of them, then forget it. Get a 3DS and/or Vita instead if you haven't already.
#24DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/1/2013 5:54:27 AM
Playstation has some fantastic exclusives.

Unfortunately, Sony sold them off before PS2 came out.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#25SetzeraPosted 9/1/2013 6:41:02 AM
I'll share my reasons for having a console / getting PS4.

-Different games, that for some reason don't make it to PC.
-99% of game have controller support, so you can kick back and enjoy.
-Far more local co-op support than PC currently has.

If PC had those, I'd be set.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#26kukukupoPosted 9/1/2013 6:46:43 AM
There wasn't a single game worth owning a PS3/Xbox360 last gen - and there isn't any coming up for the PS4/Xbone.
---
FC: 1091-8353-7458
#27overkillwfo1978Posted 9/1/2013 8:28:24 AM
Exclusives.

It's sad. There are so many awesome games made for all 3 consoles that would benefit a ton from the power of a high end PC and being able to run them at max. A really good game like The Last of Us would be epic. Even Nintendo exclusives would be amazing.. hell, last gen Wii games running 1080p/60fps on Dolphin look better than most current Wii U games.

I would kill for Forza 5 on PC. It's almost enough to make me buy the Xbone by itself. Ryse looks awesome as well. Kingdom Hearts 3, Infamous: Second Son.... all of these would be amazing on PC, but sadly, they will be gimped and will never show their true potential, some of them rumored to be 720p or 30fps. Pathetic. At least last gen, consoles were the same power as an extremely high end PC at the time. Even the strongest of the bunch (the PS4) is just a mid-high range PC. Two years from now, these consoles will all be low end in comparison.

Consoles need to go away. Nintendo, Sony and MS can all make games for PC, so we don't have to deal with low end gaming.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#28rpgianPosted 9/1/2013 9:00:47 AM
I'd much rather play anything on pc but its a lie to say a few titles aren't tempting.

Nintendo- Baiten Kaitos. About it, most of their exclusive tempting name things are so cliche and cutesy its not up alley like reinstallments of vp,suikoden, final fantasy that excite me and get my interest but quickly disappoint. Nintendo now just is neither a Super,Entertainment System to me anymore. Even the core things like Mario and Zelda have worn off.

Xbox- Lost odyssey 2. About it always seen it as an alternative platform to ps titles and I prefer Sony's platform. That was before they announced their envisioned insanities. So now yeah.

Sony- They could bring in a crap ton of glory from the past with prequels and sequels and being Japanese they are most likely to do so + the fact most Japanese stuff doesn't also hit pc the ps4 is something I would buy in time if that happens. It has not happened at launch and doesn't look to be happening real soon so no rush. They are just at the top of my shopping list for if the time comes.

PC will always be my platform of choice until exclusivity stacks up to such a level and removes it from the choice. I hope the new consoles go crazy with licensing fee's so more otherwise exclusive devs come on over to us
#29ssjmolePosted 9/4/2013 3:07:52 PM
Local Multiplayer. When me and friends play we love local multiplayer like split screen on racing or 1 vs tournaments on street fighter. Local Multiplayer on pc just never felt as good to me. IMO it depends on genre. Here is what I think.

Best on PC:
MMOs
Strategy
Shooters
point & click games (monkey island! ftw)

Better on consoles :
Racing
Sports
Fighting
Platforming

RPG and Action/adventure IMO is equal on both

Also a big reason for me is PC has more hackers/mods online that cheat and ruins multiplayer. Like making walls invisible on shooters or making themselves invisible.
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
Wrestling,TV,Movie.games and much more reviewed and discussed here : http://xpound.proboards.com/
#30SirisS-G-PPosted 9/4/2013 3:28:10 PM
Dorami posted...
I can think of a lot of reasons, actually.

The Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Sonic Lost World
X
Smash Brothers U

To me, these are reasons to avoid a Wii U.