This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Razer Edge Pro is awesome!

#1ConkerPosted 9/1/2013 2:17:55 AM
After having had numerous other hybrids/laptops/tablets in the past couple of years, I finally decided to try one of these out after hesitating because of all the hate it's gotten. The value, display, size, and battery life "negatives" all made me resist from even trying it...but none of those things have even been a problem, I actually feel they're perfectly fine and capable, now that I've had it for a few days (yes, I need more time to really judge but it isn't bad at all like people make it out to be).

I'm also not basing it off of the company making it either, as so many seem to do, so that is not a negative to me. The thing is simply perfect for my needs.

I honestly believe the haters simply base it on their narrow view of uses, understanding of how it should really be used, price, and Razer (which I will hold judgment on until I've had this thing a while, but that is unrelated to the actual features and design of the Edge Pro).

And after trying, returning, and/or selling various other devices in the past year, I figured I'd be waiting a while for a great option with full Win 8. Well, now that I've given the Edge Pro a try, I feel it is by far the best product that combines all of the things I wanted.

Really wish I didn't let negatives in reviews or haters on boards affect my decision with this thing, would have saved me months of time, money, and annoyances with other devices.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#2Lemur_HPosted 9/1/2013 2:19:23 AM
As long as a gen 1 device makes you happy and doesn't crap out with no warranty left.
#3Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 2:27:45 AM(edited)
Lemur_H posted...
As long as a gen 1 device makes you happy and doesn't crap out with no warranty left.

Honestly, I have had trouble with 3 Sony Vaio devices in the past 6 months so I returned them or had to get them repaired (Duo 11, Duo 13, and Pro 11...so I'm kind of staying away unless a refesh on the Duo 11 is amazing), and just this past week my ASUS Maximus V Gene mobo on my desktop went out (it's out of warranty but they're going to replace/repair it).

So honestly...if this thing has a problem, I wouldn't even be surprised after the various devices I've had issues with from nearly any company.

Yet my Catleap OC'd to 120hz from a year and a half ago, that survived a cross-country move, me opening the thing up and taking the PCB off, and that which many figured would go bad after 6months...is still kicking stong.

My judgment of companies needs to stop being based on others experiences :P

Oh, and when the Gen 2 comes out I'll sell this thing and buy it first day, anyways. Not bragging, but my wife and I make good money, so that's not really a concern...
---
#4Lemur_HPosted 9/1/2013 2:33:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OC15wJg.jpg
#5Conker(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 3:11:00 AM
---