This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with GTX 680 temps being too high.

#1triple sPosted 9/1/2013 7:29:38 AM
A few days back I started having issues with games stuttering after about 5 minutes of play. Made sure it wasn't may RAM or HDD causing the problem and my CPU temps were staying low. My games will start stuttering at 78c so my automatic fans don't seem to be doing the job. If I manually set my fan to about 65% power, my temps stay low but the fan is loud. I never had these issues before and I both dusted out and changed the thermal paste so I don't know what else to do.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/1/2013 7:31:36 AM
Stuttering at only 78c?
You could just set a more aggressive fan curve, but the 13mhz clock difference shouldn't cause stuttering.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#3triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 7:34:39 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Stuttering at only 78c?
You could just set a more aggressive fan curve, but the 13mhz clock difference shouldn't cause stuttering.

Pretty much. It does it on every game I play. I played through Saints Row 4 completely last week with no issues but if I play it now I have to jack up the fan settings.
---
#4ShebeskiiPosted 9/1/2013 12:07:08 PM
Sounds like an RMA.

Good old Nvidia. Driver support is A+, card quality is near fail.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#5triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 7:29:14 AM
Yeah, I'm going to have to call them tomorrow. Kind of sucks, but it's happening to every game even if my fan is at full speed.
---