This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RUMOR: Windows 9 next year. Windows 10 to be a "cloud" based OS

#31Broccoli92Posted 9/1/2013 12:20:32 PM
Yeah not everyone has great internet so.. Always online OS nope
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#32DeliFlatChestPosted 9/1/2013 12:23:30 PM
If it were to happen, I'm sure MS would pull another 180
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
#33JonWood007Posted 9/1/2013 12:28:48 PM
It's really a shame windows is the only OS games run on. If linux/ubuntu picked up more popularity I'd probably switch to them. Or, let's hope someone picked up the slack as W7 gets older and less supported.

Point is, M$ is a horrid company that really doesnt deserve our money, but seeing how it's the only OS with widespread support for gamers, we're pretty much stuck with it.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#34steveboblarryPosted 9/1/2013 12:30:30 PM
JonWood007 posted...
It's really a shame windows is the only OS games run on. If linux/ubuntu picked up more popularity I'd probably switch to them. Or, let's hope someone picked up the slack as W7 gets older and less supported.

Point is, M$ is a horrid company that really doesnt deserve our money, but seeing how it's the only OS with widespread support for gamers, we're pretty much stuck with it.

To bad valve can't come out with that rumored OS
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#35bksonic123Posted 9/1/2013 12:33:48 PM
Requiem posted...
A new Windows so shortly after 8 came out?
Yeah... that's going to piss off people.

These were my thoughts when I first read this.
#36Orestes417Posted 9/1/2013 12:37:53 PM
Chudsworth posted...
There is no way Microsoft would offer an OS as a service unless it was for personal home use only. No corporation would ever agree to have MS run their machines on off site servers. They would lose a huge chunk of revenue from corporate licensing and if I know MS they are about nice big profits.. not losing a huge audience by doing something that no business would ever adopt.

They already do, and have for quite some time. Azure is targeted squarely at business
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#37lionheart5656Posted 9/1/2013 12:40:18 PM
Binba442 posted...
Shin_Gallon posted...
Requiem posted...

That's because people tried Windows 8 and realized how terrible it is. I'd seriously put ME on my computer before I would 8.

What's bad about 8? People rip on it all the time. It's got insanely short boot times. The worst part is the Metro Interface, which can be pretty much ignored with 90% of use. You have a desktop.

Short boot times can be gotten through SSDs without bogging your computer down with the metro interface, microsoft store, and OS incompatibilities.

8 has no reason to exist and was a very bad cash grab.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#38ShubPosted 9/1/2013 1:06:44 PM
Chudsworth posted...
There is no way Microsoft would offer an OS as a service unless it was for personal home use only. No corporation would ever agree to have MS run their machines on off site servers. They would lose a huge chunk of revenue from corporate licensing and if I know MS they are about nice big profits.. not losing a huge audience by doing something that no business would ever adopt.

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#39r7gerrabbit(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 1:22:06 PM
Chudsworth posted...

Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. You host the "cloud" on your company servers and distribute thin clients to your workers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#40I_I_I_IPosted 9/1/2013 1:24:54 PM
Shin_Gallon posted...
Requiem posted...

That's because people tried Windows 8 and realized how terrible it is. I'd seriously put ME on my computer before I would 8.

Now that's just silly.