This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is wrong with new hard drive

#1silvergokuZPosted 9/1/2013 2:12:43 PM
Formatted it then it started messing up after about 2 hours of copying over data, so tried again and same both times drive suddenly fails to get recognised, then ran a 5 hour chkdsk and it was only 10 percent done so wanted to just reformat it so got seatools and seagate disc management.

I repartitioned it and tried formatting it and now it will not start a format just stops when it is about to start format and again have to power off pc and remove the power cable then put it back on to get it recognised as a reboot alone it shows nothing plugged in.

I can run seatools though strangely i.e smart tests that pass and get device information.

No idea what is wrong as tried different pcs and different sata slots and cables.
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#2silvergokuZ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 3:52:58 PM
Narrowed it down a little, I ran seatools dos and it stops formatting at exactly the 16 second mark.

I would do a chkdsk repair but as windows requires even a quick format to let you do this is there anything else I can do
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#3Knight2520Posted 9/1/2013 4:25:39 PM
RMA.
---
GENERATION 117: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number. Consider it a social experiment.